Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortening stirrups help leg position?

You look like you are pivoting on your knee. Your weight is over your hips in your upper body which is pushing your leg back. You need to think is pushing your weight through your heels and pushing your bum back when you jump.

All easier said than done of course !

Also looking at that saddle I think that could be a big issue too there are no knee blocks

Quote Originally Posted by MikhMonty View Post
    Also looking at that saddle I think that could be a big issue too there are no knee blocks
    There is knee blocks on my current saddle, there huge!

I don't think a lack of knee blocks should mean your leg swings back!

To me it looks as though you're not putting your weight down through your heel, and gripping with your knee?

I would say maybe coming up a hole or two may help but definitely jumping without stirrups will help massively if you trust your horse enough (I certainly wouldn't on my boy!).

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I don't think a lack of knee blocks should mean your leg swings back!

To me it looks as though you're not putting your weight down through your heel, and gripping with your knee?

I would say maybe coming up a hole or two may help but definitely jumping without stirrups will help massively if you trust your horse enough (I certainly wouldn't on my boy!).
    Harry will be fine, I'm just not sure I'll be able to sit to him without stirrups he's so bouncey!!!