Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Smurf Goes SJ

Default Super Smurf Goes SJ

Went out SJ yesterday, Smurfs first party in a looong time! We entered the 60, 70 and 80. Warmed up and went in to the 60 (as the only competitor ) Smurf was a little strong and excited but he was loving it, and so was I, it was wonderful to be back out enjoying ourselves! No pics from this round, just in case it all went wrong

We won (obviously ) but I didnt really count it as a class, more as a warm up! However, as it was quiet, they said I could practice doing a jump off, which was 8, 2, 3, 4 and 7. Easy peasy...

I jumped an extra jump dont really know how but it didnt count and a good reminder to watch where Im going!

It was a nice course, on a figure of 8, with a smallish cross with a pole behind at 1, a plain upright at 2, two strides to 3 which was the wall (which wasnt part of it until the 80), planks at 4 on a dog leg to an upright 5, round the corner to a large hanging filler at 6, on three strides to 7, and round to finish at a brush at 8.

Went back in the 70 almost straight away, and had an unlucky 4faults for 2nd (out of two )

On a long one...

the "wall"

Back in for the 80, they'd added the fillers and it looked (to me) to be up to height, I was a bit nervous, but had no need to be, Smurf flew round, and again an unlucky 4, this time for 3rd! With a few more other competitors this time

I love the wall pic, its unfortunate you can see the only one we brought down behind!!!

All in all a brilliant day!!! I cant wait, Im so thrilled to have him out and about again! It was a quiet show, perfect for our first outing in a while, even if it meant it wasnt hugely competetive, although I'm counting it as a fab experience, not really counting the placings other than the 3rd in the 80, which Im chuffed to bits with!

I definitely need a few more brakes, but its great to see him so enthusiastic! And he backs off the bigger ones, going to scrap the 60 next time and do the 70, 80 & 90

Saying hey to his pal...

ETA...my position has gone to pot with not jumping in so long my lower leg has started to wander, which is annoying as it was so good, and I either under or over fold but it will be a work in progress as we get out and about again this winter!!!!
    Size 34" Shires Huntingdon Green Tweed Show Jacket for sale as too big. Only worn twice, immaculate condition. Cost 89.99, make me an offer

Well done, looks great fun
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

He looks ace!

Well done, he looks super

Fantastic well done, looking good.

Yay!
    Well done and welcome back. It's been too long since we've seen Smurf!
    He is still

I remember him from when you first got him, always liked him! It's lovely to see you getting on so well together

Thanks guys I'm still grinning today!
    Size 34" Shires Huntingdon Green Tweed Show Jacket for sale as too big. Only worn twice, immaculate condition. Cost 89.99, make me an offer

Aww last photo is gorgeous! Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    Aww last photo is gorgeous! Well done
    Cute aren't they! Cindy is the first mare Smurf has ever bothered to say hello to and I think he's a bit smitten normally he's more of a man's man