Thread: Field Paste ~ Red Horse Products

Default Field Paste ~ Red Horse Products

I want to recommend this fabulous product.

https://redhorseproducts.com/shop-2/...e/field-paste/

Bracken has had thrushy feet all year. Every time we seem to be getting on top of it, it starts again. I have tried scrubbing, spraying, stuff from the Vets, chemist and tack shop and nothing seemed to be really getting to the bottom of it.

A friend recommended the field paste, I have used it three times and finally the thrush is about gone. It is really great because you plaster it on to their feet and it sticks there stopping other things getting in. As he is out 24/7 and lives with sheep his feet are always full of mud or sheep poo. Putting the paste on gives them a chance to be mud and poo free. So I'm happy and he is happy.

Oh and they are giving 20% off it until October. Code (FP20%)

Thanks for the link, they have some interesting products on their website, the sole paint looks like it might be good for my horse. I've never heard of them before.
    Equine and pet photographer, Manchester
    Personalised Hoodies available on the website
    www.lizzymint.co.uk

I love the field paste - absolutely fab product!

Moodey Muley, how did you get on with this after you posted this thread, did you continue using it? How well does it stay in place on your field-kept horse? Does it stick for a while or are you constantly replacing it?
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Moodey Muley, how did you get on with this after you posted this thread, did you continue using it? How well does it stay in place on your field-kept horse? Does it stick for a while or are you constantly replacing it?
    Loopy, I'm still using it and it has been a godsend in this awful wet weather. It seems to stay in place fairly well. I bring him in to clean his feet properly and dry them off then slap it on. It seems to last about 5days - a week and if it all looks good I leave it alone.

I just wanted to update this thread. I have to admit that I haven't really looked at his feet for a couple of weeks.

But I had him in this morning to change his rug, and to get out of the snow. There was still paste to pick out in all of his feet and they are looking really fab. No signs of thrush whatsoever and his frogs are looking really healthy. I can't believe it after all the rain that we have had and the fact that the lower part of the field is now a sea of mud! So it's a huge from me.

Do you wait until the paste dries before putting him back out?
    I find it really good but Legend never has any left on the next day