Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thetford Forest hack

Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    That would be AMAZING!!!
    I am happy to go up again soon - maybe not next weekend - two weekends on the trot might be overkill, but we could go soonish. I can pick you up in the trailer. PM me and we'll sort out a date

Quote Originally Posted by Heucherella View Post
    I am happy to go up again soon - maybe not next weekend - two weekends on the trot might be overkill, but we could go soonish. I can pick you up in the trailer. PM me and we'll sort out a date
    Yaaay that would be fab!!!

Is it worth a trip over there from the Rugby area ?? We have a satmap so wouldn't get lost as we could pre load a route or several onto it before we went. It would be a 2.5 to 3 hour drive so it would be nice to know how good it is there. We went to Salcey forest the other week and were out for 6 hours or maybe 7 I can't remember, but just ambling along with a couple of nice canters and gallops.

The main part of Thetford Forest is huge and you could easily ride for hours, and it is all gallopable, literally! I would say it is worth a long drive. I am not sure of the parking for that part. We went to Kings Forest which is to the South, and is smaller, best for 2-3 hour rides.

Santon Downham is a good base to ride. Also Iceni EGB and Anglian Distance Riders have a few training/Social Rides going on.