Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohhhh dear....

Default Ohhhh dear....

Seems there's been a strange development in this house tonight..

Cleared the loft and found an old teddy, one that you can stick in the microwave and make warm instead of a hot water bottle? Smells like lavander..

Anyway the dog is um... Smitten with it! At first she was acting a bit strange towards it and wasn't sure about it touching her. Then she became all motherly to it?! She started cleaning it, focusing on the ears, eyes and backside of it! Laying so it was positioned to her tummy as if it was a puppy or something.. When she moves she makes sure she's extra gentle and will not tread on it... She even made me bring it up to bed and checked it when I placed it on the bed!!

She's never reacted like this to anything before? What the heck is going on?! Should I be concerned?

I got a couple of pics she looks very guilty in one if you ask me!

Oh look at her little face!
    (Sorry so unhelpful, but had to comment )

She's not as innocent as she looks not when she's kicking me in the back all night, my double bed clearly is to small for us both!

Somebody clearly wants puppies ....
    Only when things do not interest one, can one give a really unbiased opinion; no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is absolutely valueless.

Sounds as though she may be having a phantom, when was her last season? Watch she doesn't start to produce milk though as they can get infections. Depends how convinced she is that it's really hers lol.

She certainly isn't having puppies! in fact Friday she's getting Spey, her last season was 3 months ago now and that was all normal.

She hasn't seen it since this morning and she seems to have forgotten about it so isn't that attached to it? Was just strange iv never seen her act like that ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ameysmum View Post
    She certainly isn't having puppies! in fact Friday she's getting Spey, her last season was 3 months ago now and that was all normal.

She hasn't seen it since this morning and she seems to have forgotten about it so isn't that attached to it? Was just strange iv never seen her act like that ever!
    My old dog used to have a phantom around 9 weeks after a season, but she really meant it and as I say produced milk then got infected. It cost a fortune but stopped when she was spayed. She had a litter though.

Right I'm hiding it then! Don't want no phantom pregnancy.

Question about having there little girly bits out, do they change behaviour wise at all? Never had a ***** before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameysmum View Post
    Right I'm hiding it then! Don't want no phantom pregnancy.

Question about having there little girly bits out, do they change behaviour wise at all? Never had a ***** before.
    Both ours got fat! Behaviour didn't change though

Won't be having my Dachshund done for a little while but plan to get my collie done by keyhole fairly soon, recovery time is only 24 hours!

Gawd she's already a chubby mc chubba by nature! (I keep her slim of course).

She hates the vets.. She's not going to be impressed!