Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old member returned!

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
    Well since I posted this Rubic has gone from strength to strength and after my vet saying that was it and I should maybe consider putting her to sleep she has been galloping around the field with her friends and not looking lame in the slightest. Even trotting on a hard surface doesn't seem to be an issue for her. I'm a little more hopeful that we might be "happy" hackers (was never our strong point unless going a gallop but I'm sure we can work on it) and maybe, just maybe, if she can cope with the hacking then a little bit of riding club dressage every now and again. She absolutely loved jumping but I'm just not sure I could bring myself to jump her ever again no matter how well she appears to have healed. Ligaments take 12-18months to heal so we are 4 1/2 months along that long road! I will see where we are come vaccination time next year and get the vet to reassess her.
    What good news!

I think you might have to start a diary for us - with lots and lots of pics of the lovely Rubic of course

That is good news. Dont give up hope long term. I thought my fav. was done for all last winter and even tried a horse that was for sale. But against all odds, my beloved did recover enough to hack - It seemed like a miracle and still does. But she has been working well for three months now - it has taught me that one cant predict with horses.

Unfortunately she is a bit chubby at the moment. She is on a weightloss diet! Currently floating between 475-481kg on the weight tape, hoping winter will get that off! I think I might start a diary if I get the time to sit down a write a proper post. I've just been nipping in and reading a few threads here and there and not getting much time to reply! Here is a recent photo to tide you over though

Hi and welcome back. I hope rubic continues to improve and you can get back on her at some point, she's a gorgeous girl.