Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liveryman Harmony Plus rechargeable clippers

Default Liveryman Harmony Plus rechargeable clippers

Any reviews?

I know what clippers I want to buy, and I know they can do the job, but I am sort of being swayed here ...

I would quite like a light clippers, and the ones I was going to get aren't light, and are heavy duty mains clippers, which doesn't really suit.

They were very cheap on Ride Away but are out of stock at the moment.

Any other suggestions welcomed. I was going to spend nearly 400 on the clippers I had in mind, but then I figured, feck it, if I'm buying clippers, I can clip earlier and won't need such heavy duty ones. I still do want good reliable clippers though.

A friend bought some livery harmony (not the plus not sure of the difference) clippers 5 years ago. The only problem she had was that the on/off switch was where your hand held them so you had to be careful not to switch them off accidently while clipping. They've been in for some minor repairs last winter but they lasted 5 winters of clipping 2/3 horses from a chaser to full clip, but her full clips were tb types.

I bought some wahl avalon ones, very similar, 3 years ago as I don't have mains electric and so far they've done 3 winters of chaser clips on a hairy cob no problem, don't think they would clip his back and bum out if he had full winter woolies but tbh those bits slowed my heiniger clippers as it's so thick.

I have Lister Liberty rechargeable. Last year they cost me 350 including a set of trimmers ... Not cheap but they are very light and easy to handle. Do a great clip yet with enough power to full Lance and JD before the battery starts to run a bit low, so in my slow style that's a good 3.5 hours of clipping time. And then the battery normally has enough juice left that I can faff with the trimmer for ages ...

(they cut through Lance's and Lucy's winter woolies no problem with standard blades)

I have the Livery Harmony and with the wide blade are very quick and light - brilliant in fact. Wish I had held out for the Plus ones though looking at the details, 100 cheaper!

Very easy to use, and very quiet - I find better to use aerosol oil though as helps blow the hair out as very prone to clogging, far more than normal clippers with the seperate blades.
    Visit Mico

Amazing clippers and very quiet! l have 2 batteries so leave one charging while the other is in use and switch halfway through a very hairy one...

I don't have the battery pack for mine but the clippers themselves are vey light and easy to use, I highly recommend them. I always do a full clip and I'm thankful that they are so light as I have small hands and wouldn't manage with heavy duty clippers.

I have them. They even clip my hairy mammoth of a cob, so anything is possible.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

Oh great and they are back in stock - happy days. Now lets just hope they arrive before the horses get too hairy.

I have decided to bite the bullet on these with good reviews - as they are just SO much cheaper, and so versatile with the option of battery or mains.

Also, good deal from RideAway - the same clippers, were a staggering 270 here, and I would have had to pay for delivery.

More then a hundred pounds cheaper on ride away and they were offering free standard delivery ... I am not obviously standard delivery, but when I ordered, the cost of standard delivery (5) was subtracted from the total.

I had a pair of normal harmony clippers. I loved them. Get blades from masterclip they are cheaper. Lovely and quiet. I was able to clip Lady out completely with them and shes petrified of clippers. Charging time is good and great for heads and tickly bits.