Thread: XC with the Cow pony (Pic heavy!)

Default XC with the Cow pony (Pic heavy!)

I had an amazing day on my new main ride (poor broken small horse is very bored in the field).

Been trying to go schooling for the last 2 weekends, but dire weather put paid to those attempts. I've never jumped Cow away from home, never jumped a XC fence on him other than the odd log and had no idea what to expect.

So we went to one of our local venues for the first time with the Big Grey Beast and his sharer for company. Now Cow has just turned 5 and gone XC maybe 4 or 5 times in his life. Big Grey Beast is 13, and has had a number of attempts at doing XC, none of which ended up well and he mostly refused to go anywhere near the fences. However, sharer was happy with just a hack about if worst came to worst, but defo no lead horse for my green baby pony, so off we go!

Warm up arena, just to make sure he wasn't going to do anything stupid (he didn't).

Then onto the cantering and jumping bits, where he had an amazing time.

Started off small, worked our way up:

Ditch

Skinny

Water (wasn't expecting the leap!)

Owl hole

Then my sister (with the camera) suggests that I see what he really could do since he was going so nicely. Started off with a roll top, quite inviting, but HUGE...felt easy. Never jumped anything that big XC...

Then she points out a white chair...didn't look that big from a distance...really was quite large up close...

And to finish, this was wide, but not mega high as it had the brush...of course my 5 year old has no idea about this and jumps the lot... Easy for him, I nearly got jumped out of the saddle!

Can not wait to get this horse out and about next year if today was anything to go by. A bit more experience jumping him would be nice to have (i've only ever jumped him about 6 or 7 times over SJ's before this!) and I am really looking forward to see where we end up.
    Kat

Small Horse - big heart, big personality!

He's flying! You're braver than me lol!

Well done what I would say is release your hands a bit you look like your taking out his teeth in a few of those pics. I find a handful of mane does wonders for letting the release but giving you a handle �� lovely pony ��

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Is that at Boomerang?

Great pics, looks like he'll be a good jumper

Wow well done, quite something for your first xc fences on him! Much much braver than me

Cor, you're brave! He looks like he's a very scopey young man!