Thread: Uni work

Default Uni work

So basically I spent ages working on printing my images and finally got some I was happy with

They are silver gelatin prints, from a 35mm film, taken, developed and printed by me

This was a multiple exposure

They are printed using an enlarger, and shining a light through the negative onto light sensitive paper No ink or anything involved... I love using the old processes !

The grain is the film grain

My mother used to have her own darkroom, it was interesting watching her develop photos, it's like magic isn't it
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

It's amazing!

I am struggling to understand and use the capabilities of digital.

Can you explain please why you are using 35 mm film at uni and doing printing and techniques I used to do 30 years ago? That was all we had.

We are doing two modules at the moment, a digital one and an analogue one. It's important we learn the older techniques as a lot of contemporary photographers are starting to use these methods again for their work

Wonderbolt - Do you know why they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Skib View Post
    Wonderbolt - Do you know why they are?
    I'm actually currently writing an essay about that question haha! Many believe that higher quality images are made with the traditional techniques, most of my lecturers hate digital as they think photography is more about actually making and creating an image as a manual task, not just pointing and shooting