Thread: Sticky bum jods

Default Sticky bum jods

I need some new Jodphurs because none of mine have a sticky bum and I'm finding Side Saddle quite hard in slippy jodphurs (Plus I could do with some new jods anyway, I also need some new white jods for Dressage if anyone has any suggestions.)

I'd quite like to get a couple of pairs, perhaps in different colours, as I do wear Jods a lot but I don't want to spend a fortune. (Most i've found are 90 each, I cannot justify that on one pair of jodphurs. I can for Dressage ones but not everyday ones I will inevitably trash)

What do people recommend?

I reccomend you try any pair on before you buy!!! I've had a couple of pairs and only one of them don't rub me either at the knee or at the seam behind. (including Pikeurs!) The one pair that are ok are Euro star's, but i also have another pir of them that do rub (go figure?!)

As an alternative i do recommend the sticky spray - Sporty Haft. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Sit...80645070460%26
    used it with my jump saddle as when new the leather was really slippery and done a good job.

I have these

http://www.fasttackdirect.co.uk/prod...Jodhpurs_.html

which are nice, but they have NO give in the waist so be generous with the size! You can't tell in the picture but they have the full suede seat.

Ive vey heard this is good but never used it, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Sit...-/180959902455

ETA oops, same link as FF!
    Last edited by palmerlover52; 14-11-2013 at 20:37.

Not 'sticky bum' but the full seat Mark Todds noticeably stick you in the saddle

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

I wouldn't be allowed to use that spray on my instructors side saddle, although it does look good. Might try it on my slippy dressage saddle.

Thanks PL52 will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Not 'sticky bum' but the full seat Mark Todds noticeably stick you in the saddle
    Will have a look at them, thanks.

I find Rugged full seat breeches the best price and last the longest! I think they're around 60, but are good quality and normally on sale at my tack shop

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

Shires saddlehuggers. Best jodhs ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingCavala.. View Post
    Shires saddlehuggers. Best jodhs ever!!!
    I think they will be the winners. My instructor recommended Shires too but I always like to shop around before buying.