Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How my little stafford weight do you think?

Default How my little staffies weight do you think?

Obviously she had her op to be spayed a short while ago and that's all good.

She is prone to being tubby so want to make sure I keep on top of it and it's hard to see at times when I look at her many hours everyday

Sorry for pants pic she won't keep still!

And here's one of her looking amused at me breaking open a boiled egg!

Oh she weighs 21kg

She looks lovely but how tall is she? My female staff is 14kg

She's quite tall actually, she's not what I'd call a traditional staff that are mostly quite short and stocky in stature.

I'm not sure exactly how tall she is tbh? She comes up to my knees and I'm 5'4 but I'm sure that doesn't give you anymore clue

I think she looks great

I have a male staff and he is porkier than her...he is also not a 'traditional' staff and is tall as well as broad - I think last time he was at the vets he was 24kg!

I think at her heaviest she was 23kg! But she looked to heavy and I changed her diet and she dropped off the excess weight

I know that female staffs are supposed to weigh around 16kg but she'd be skin and bone!

she looks good to me, but I am not a doggy person lol

R.I.P Mickey - 1996 - 31st May 2012

Screenshot_2013-11-15-10-07-01.jpg

This is the best pic I have on my phone from a couple of weeks ago...He looks a bit chubbier in person but I would want him too much thinner.

Aw he looks a sweetie, you can't beat a staffies face I don't think!

I changed Ellie's food from the normal wet food brand to a 'light' dry food (so meant for weight loss) and she hated it and stopped eating! Then a few on here suggested I start feeding her a more natural diet of raw meat.

I now buy her food from here http://www.ukbarfclub.co.uk/index.php I buy the 400g minces, takes up a bit of room in the freezer but she loves it and her weights been 100 times better since.

I thought she looked tall as well, I prefer them like that, there is one on my yard who I think is particularly small and she looks like a little fat pig she's not a nice dog though really.
    Ellie is gorgeous, love her expression- my friend's boxer is like that that. And brindle as well. I love Ebony so probably why I like Ellie
    Her weight looks good to me but I'm not a doggy expert by any stretch of the imagination.

I love staffys. Her colouring is lovely, brindles are my fave.

I think she looks great, I would try to keep her at that weight. Its nice to see a Staffy that isn't over weight, a lot of them I see around here are. I also prefer the more traditional longer legged types.