Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me some winter riding gloves

Default Recommend me some winter riding gloves

They are for a Xmas present

I've had one recommendation already but the source isn't always entirely reliable

Thank you as I hate Xmas shopping rush so trying to be prepared this year lol

I love my Mark Todd gloves! Have 3 pairs knocking around in various places at yard, in car etc

http://www.rideaway.co.uk/mark-todd-...FWXnwgodjg0Azw

Quote Originally Posted by myhorselibby View Post

I've had one recommendation already but the source isn't always entirely reliable
    I find that my usual source isn't always reliable either, I understand your issues.

FWIW, it depends on the person, I prefer to stick to my winter roekl gloves, because theyre still quite thin but insulated. For the really cold weather though I usually replace them with my Mark Todd gloves (as above).
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

I've just bought a pair of Mark Todd thinsulate gloves, found them to be good so far but I haven't ridden in really freezing weather yet!

Another vote for Mark Todd gloves, they are lovely and cosy without being too bulky so you can still ride with no problems

Actually, as the unreliable source continues but I've just remembered about the roekl soft shell gloves - they're really nice and cheaper than the other form of roekl winter gloves I was thinking of before (you've seen me wearing my gloves, those ones).

btw for yard gloves no one can beat seal skins - only gloves to have lasted me 3 winters now and going strong into this one. I usually wear them out. They are truly waterproof too - I'm forever sticking my gloved hand into the trough to pull out ice!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by teddypony View Post
    I've just bought a pair of Mark Todd thinsulate gloves, found them to be good so far but I haven't ridden in really freezing weather yet!
    same, shires do them also.

I've just bought a pair of the Roekl Polartek gloves, OMG they are so warm!!! I love them! They're slim enough to wear for schooling too, i find a lot of the winter gloves are too thick so you can't get a proper feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ponylover88 View Post
    btw for yard gloves no one can beat seal skins - only gloves to have lasted me 3 winters now and going strong into this one. I usually wear them out. They are truly waterproof too - I'm forever sticking my gloved hand into the trough to pull out ice!

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016

Think I might need to invest in some!! My hands were frozen last night when I rode!!!!

R.I.P Mickey - 1996 - 31st May 2012