Thread: Meet Owen - including first Competition!

Default Meet Owen - including first Competition!

I've never introduced Owen but he is in my signature. Owen belongs to one of my closest friends, who also happens to be my trainer/instructor (whatever you want to call her.)

Owen was bred by K to show jump, believe it or not, he just never really took to show jumping. He's got a whole breeding of Grade A show jumpers.
    Before I bought Tommy I sat on O as I briefly considered loaning him but at the time given the circumstances and a few issues with the yard we were at it wasn't really do-able and tbh i'm glad as I then found Tommy and i love him.
    K was the one who suggested I get graded and helped me with getting it all sorted.

At some point K decided that I should use Owen as my Para horse and I should also compete him in BD events. So she handed me the reins to her medium level horse without batting an eyelid, not going to lie I did have my doubts about being good enough to ride him but today, my 6th ride on Owen, we did our first Novice test.
    It wasn't perfect, we need more 'go' in some places and my first medium trot wasn't really a medium trot I also went past B before realizing that was were I was meant to do my half 10 metre loop to x but we came out with 65% and 1st place!

Despite being 17hh (actually more 17.3hh, he was 17hh at 4 but K refuses to measure him and find out he's bigger ) and having a neck like a giraffe He really does look after me. Today there were times when my body just let me down, as it is prone too, and instead of taking advantage he just kept on till I was back riding again which is no excuse for the fact that I really need to sit up at times!! (I need a back support/brace, any suggestions for good makes are welcome!)

I think it'll be a while before I can ride him like K does but right now i'm happy just watching them doing their medium tests and taking photos whilst I work on my Novice and Para tests.

Pictures,
    Working on getting the video up

Wow well done! He is a lovely looking beastie.

He looks really lovely looking forwards to hearing more about him, and well done on your 1st place!

Brill pics and well done!

A good back brace is one of those kidney protector things - I got mine from Aldi for a fiver

Thanks everyone.
    He is lovely, he's a bit special too! Haha! He has his quirks as most competition horses do but it makes us love him even more.

Thanks RoughRider I'll have a look at them.
    I've been looking at them riding corsets but they are a bit too pricey for me atm! Lol.

Back support: http://www.rideaway.co.uk/prolite-ba...FfHItAodvDgAhw

I have 2 (not too sure where one of them is..... )

They are brilliant! I should wear it every day but tend to wear it on big days! Competitions/ hunting/ etc

O looks fabulous!!
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thank you TBT, I have ordered the prolite one from my tack shop. Fingers crossed it helps.

Heres a small video of me and Owen if anyone is interested.
    It won't work on phones at the moment, i'm working on that but should work on computers/laptops etc.

You look wonderful together

Thank you