Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Your Favourite Band/Singer ??? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    HIM and MCR are my top two and have been for a very long time now. I have a mixed bag of favoured bands ranging from Pantera to Nerf Herder and Voltaire to Enya!
    Not an hour ago I was caterwauling along to this in my van on the way back from work...

I don't have a favourite band. That is very mood dependent, although one constant form the last 20 years or so is Faith No More (ask your parents ))

Fave singers are Ville from up there ^^^, and Corey Taylor from Slipknot/ Stone Sour. Because they are fabulous singers, and not because I fancy the pants off them both at all. Oh no...

And a sense of humour...

Quote Originally Posted by toraf View Post
    Except anything screamy or too heave/headbangery I HATE.
    Best you don't watch my Corey clip then

Don't like screamo, rap or slow r and b. I go through phases though where I get something stuck in my head and can't get it out...unfortunately it's normally songs I only know a few lines of! Right now it's mystikal....Shake ya as s

The first time I heard a Stone Sour song (Through The Glass) and was informed that it was Corey Taylor I think my reaction was something like 'Pardon? No?! Really?!' I couldn't believe how soft his 'ordinary' voice could be! I'd not had huge exposure to Slipknot aside from their bigger hits/having metal-loving friends and family where I overheard it but I was gobsmacked that it was the same person . (Favourite Stone Sour song has to be Hesitate, I love it)

Linkin park did a cover of Rolling in the Deep that shocked me, I didn't think he could actually sing!

Quote Originally Posted by katieandtoby View Post
    The first time I heard a Stone Sour song (Through The Glass) and was informed that it was Corey Taylor I think my reaction was something like 'Pardon? No?! Really?!' I couldn't believe how soft his 'ordinary' voice could be! I'd not had huge exposure to Slipknot aside from their bigger hits/having metal-loving friends and family where I overheard it but I was gobsmacked that it was the same person . (Favourite Stone Sour song has to be Hesitate, I love it)
    He has, IMO, one of the most versatile voices out there at the moment. It's a shame he does so much shouting, because he really CAN sing! I think the way he shifts between screaming and singing in Slipknot, while not being everyone's cup of tea, is exceptionally impressive.
    This was the first song I heard him "sing". I was blown away.

He also has a very sexy speaking voice!

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    Linkin park did a cover of Rolling in the Deep that shocked me, I didn't think he could actually sing!

That's always the thing. People often think that because they shout, they can't sing..this is often the case, but not always!

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post

Not heard that before - I really like it!

I have a slightly odd taste in music

This is my favourite band, Old Crow Medicine Show. I first saw them supporting another act way back in 2004, when I was 14. I've been to see them every time they've been back in the UK since then, more or less. It's old-time/ bluegrass music, which is a form of American folk music. They're incredible live! I went to see them earlier this year, first time they've been in the UK for a bit, and it was amazing

From their new album

And a cover. They always do a few covers at the end of their set. I saw them in Manchester and they did Dirty Old Town (originally about Salford) and Panic by The Smiths. Was fab!!