Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherlock!

I'm so so so so so so so so so super excited

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    I swear I am the only person ever who doesn't "get" this. I watched two episodes and just found it boring. I love the US version Elementary though
    You can get out

I refuse to watch Elementary. They said it was going to be nothing like the BBC one, and it would be totally different. So, instead of using Benedict Cumberbatch, they got Johnny Lee Miller. As close to Benedict Cumberbatch as you can get (they shared parts in Frankenstein!!) So I refuse to watch. One of my ridiculous principles
    Only when things do not interest one, can one give a really unbiased opinion; no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is absolutely valueless.

I am under strict instructions to bring the DVDs to my mother's with me at Christmas so we can watch the Reichenbach Fall immediately before The Empty Hearse and try to figure it out - because after an absolute age torturing ourselves with the mystery, that last hour and a half is going to make all the difference .

(although I argue that my mother doesn't deserve to borrow the DVDs , she made a detrimental remark about Benedict Cumberbatch's face during Sherlock's little tantrum in the Hounds of Baskerville episode when she visited this weekend and is on the proverbial naughty step )

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    I swear I am the only person ever who doesn't "get" this. I watched two episodes and just found it boring. I love the US version Elementary though
    Nope - I don't do Sherlock but I love Elementary

Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait!!!

Ah!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...ries-3-trailer

Enjoy, Sherlock fans ! The extra material is fun! (and join in with Sherlock's mocking of that furry slug which has taken up residence on John's upper lip )

Well well well .

If people haven't seen it and are planning to then read no further

I really enjoyed it! At first when we were watching the 'explanation' at the beginning all of us watching at home were a bit at it all, then broke into peals of laughter when we twigged what was going on. (and the moment with Moriarty in the second 'explanation' was absolutely hilarious - a very cheeky little nod to all that 'slash' fiction that's out there!).

I actually think the final explanation is plausible and likely to be true; it's the simplest, makes sense, and I think it's possible that Sherlock told Anderson knowing that the simplicity would piddle him off (given that he's been postulating wild theories for years) and that he wouldn't believe him. I think it's the kind of thing Sherlock as a character would do for a giggle; tell him the truth knowing he'd never believe how straightforward it was then sit back and let him drive himself nuts over it . Even just us watching in our house are divided on the subject though ! I quite like the ambiguity!

Not so sure about Sherlock suddenly becoming a proficient motorcyclist/action hero , but I loved Mary , and thought on the whole it was very funny and quite emotional in places! I also LOVED the cameo by Benedict Cumberbatch's parents as Sherlock's parents , very fitting! On the whole I really did like it; can't wait for Sunday's episode .
    Last edited by katieandtoby; 01-01-2014 at 23:47.

Omg the start had me totally baffled! laughed a lot when I realised! I really enjoyed it as always

First time I'd ever seen it.

My hubby started to say something, then went bright red and mumbled "maybe not". I recognised the symptoms and asked him what he'd seen that was wrong.

He told me the carriage shot from the outside was of and old bakerloo car, inside was a newer district line car and neither matched what was seen on the CCTV!

I know, I know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Quote Originally Posted by katieandtoby View Post
    I really enjoyed it! At first when we were watching the 'explanation' at the beginning all of us watching at home were a bit at it all, then broke into peals of laughter when we twigged what was going on. (and the moment with Moriarty in the second 'explanation' was absolutely hilarious - a very cheeky little nod to all that 'slash' fiction that's out there!).
    I cackled so much at the Moriarty-Sherlock moment! Love how much fun they had messing with the fan theories.

What I love even more, was that they filmed all the explanations in broad daylight, with a crowd of people watching. Photographs of them filming it appeared in newspapers. But, because they filmed all the different theories. And the blue mat/cord is commonly used as stunt equipment, no one realised it was the "solution". Also loved how much they enjoyed messing with the fans as they thought they were finding out secret information

Mark Gatiss: We just asked people not to say anything really. We filmed the solution in broad daylight in front of lots of people and nobody said anything. It was even in the papers. Also, obviously with the multiple fake things, you can never really tell what was a stunt and what was real. We also shot a completely fake scene in which I collaborate with Andrew [Scott].

Sue Vertue: It all got very confused as one paper, I think, said ‘the stunts are so dangerous, they had to use a dummy’.

MG: With a paper plate for a face!

[.........]

BC: We were filming all the different solutions out of sequence, because you’re doing bits of them because you’re location-bound so we were doing the flak ones, the ones that were distractions, then I kind of got involved. When I saw Mark and Andrew - Moriarty and Mycroft - wandering out together, almost in arms, I thought ‘It’s my turn’, so I stepped in front of the camera and just went like that [holds fingers up in a triangle shape] for a long time, which is ridiculous. It means tessellate, anyone who likes Alt-J knows that they do that in their video. It’s stupid, it means nothing, but I could hear sort of ‘Oh is that how he does it, the angle of the… and the body bounces off a police car and…’ [laughter].

SV: [To Benedict] Didn’t Andrew put your coat on?

MG: We were just coming out of the archway, and I said ‘Put his coat on, put his coat on’ [laughter]

SV: All the cameras came out.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sherlock...#ixzz2pG0VMOQM
    It's a great interview to read! Sounds like they had a lot of fun teasing the fans

Quote Originally Posted by katieandtoby View Post
    I actually think the final explanation is plausible and likely to be true; it's the simplest, makes sense, and I think it's possible that Sherlock told Anderson knowing that the simplicity would piddle him off (given that he's been postulating wild theories for years) and that he wouldn't believe him. I think it's the kind of thing Sherlock as a character would do for a giggle; tell him the truth knowing he'd never believe how straightforward it was then sit back and let him drive himself nuts over it . Even just us watching in our house are divided on the subject though ! I quite like the ambiguity!
    I totally agree. I think Sherlocks 'confession' to Anderson is how it was done. Whilst still letting Sherlock have his fun, as it's so simple that Anderson would never believe it. I also like that it is a bit of a nod to Moriarty, and the key code. Moriarty accused Sherlock of wanting everything to be "too clever" and not appreciating the simplicity of just having people on your side (bribed by Moriarty to unlock the prison etc), and if Sherlock was going to double bluff Moriarty, he had to pretend that it was abhorrent ... whilst ultimately, having a vast network of people on his side, helping him with the most simplistic fake suicide.

The other thing I read, which made a lot of sense to me, with the fake suicide, is that the only important thing was for the snipers to believe Sherlock had killed himself. The angle they were watching at, they would have seen him jump - and therefore presume dead.
    The road was closed, so the general public wouldn't have seen anything (presuming shut off by Mycroft "he is the British government".) and all the people there were Sherlock's homeless network.
    So actually, although it was a simplistic explanation that we're not supposed to be sure whether we believe it or not: it involved Molly, the homeless network and it involved Mycroft. All of the people that Sherlock admits knew. It fits with the "out of character thing Sherlock did in Series 2 Episode 3". Sherlock didn't find out who was responsible for abducting the children. It was ultimately Moriarty, but he never discovers why the little girl screams when she see's Sherlock. Yet, at the end of Season 3 Episode 1, Sherlock makes a point of saying how annoyed he is that he doesn't know who is behind the underground plot, but he will find out. So it is not like him to leave a case unsolved. Heck, he even solves the case of Bluebell the bunny in Hound of the Baskervilles! So he deliberately left the case of the children, so the body could be used as his double. And it only needed to be convincing to the assassins, and to John. Which, from their angles, it would have been.

I'm very sad that he didn't really snog Molly though! But phwoar! Loved that little nod to fandom. And to Molly "being over Sherlock" by finding a doppleganger. Don't blame the girl for having a type
    Also loved Benedict's parents appearing last night. I didn't tie it in until the end, but what a lovely touch to have!

Anyway ... I definitely haven't thought long and hard about any of this
    Only when things do not interest one, can one give a really unbiased opinion; no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is absolutely valueless.

Quote Originally Posted by CER View Post

Anyway ... I definitely haven't thought long and hard about any of this
    And I thought you had just spent the whole time drooling over Benedict Cumberbatch....!