Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body protector yes or no?

I wear one all the time and i only hack, never jump and have a near perfectly equine partner. I feel its best to make use of safety equipment and when i have fallen I think its offered some protection to my back/ribs etc

Default Body protector yes or no?

So going on all the positive yes votes in favour of BP you will all be happy to know that we are keeping them and the kids will be made to wear it 👍🐎

Thanks
    Rob

From my position, having fallen of my own horse in a very freak accident whilst having a riding lesson and broken my back....... I'm always going to wear one now!!!

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

BP number 3 came today 👍 we had to order the oldest lads has they didn't have his size in stock, they had every size but the one he needs

Rob

What is restricting to a young developing rider are broken bones and I am astounded that anyone with an ounce of common sense has suggested that your kids should not wear one. Your kids, your choice - let them do what they want with their own kids

A lot of Riding schools I've been to insist on BPs for jumping and I think I'm right in saying you have to wear one of XC competing?

I personally don't ride in one but it's more a case of not having one that fits well rather than being opposed to them

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    What is restricting to a young developing rider are broken bones and I am astounded that anyone with an ounce of common sense has suggested that your kids should not wear one. Your kids, your choice - let them do what they want with their own kids
    I fully agree 👍

It's very irresponsible of the riding school to say you don't need one. When I was at a riding school, even when I had my own pony, it was compulsory to wear one when jumping!
    They are a lot better than they use to be in terms of being restrictive.

I now only wear one for cross country (not that I do that very often ) but I always wear my air jacket for jumping. I should wear my air jacket for hacking and flatwork too but I'm 22 and old enough to know if I fall off I am going to seriously break myself! Lol!