Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Film suggestions please

Default Film suggestions please

So I've got Netflix and I keep aimlessly looking at films not knowing what to watch!!

Can I have some film suggestions please?

No horrors please

Thanks

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

I love Netflix. Currently watching warehouse 13. Breaking bad is good too!
    THE EQUINE INFORMATION EXCHANGE Equine information, not speculation.

I watched Dumbo on there the other day

Sons of Anarchy is meant to be good if you don't already watch it.

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016

Try my best friends girl on there it's a bit rude but funny!

I love Warrior, with Tom Hardy. Although that might be because of Tom Hardy

Hard to know what you've seen or what you'll like, but The Departed is great if you haven't seen it. Three Kings (with George Clooney and Mark Walhburg) is really amazing if you don't mind war films.

I haven't seen alot as I've only had it 2 day's, I'll give these all a look guys :-) keep them coming

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

OH has always loved films.
    We have used Love Film for years, pretty much since it started and get one DVD at a time. Their computer shows the titles of hundreds of films we have watched and also the ones on our request list.
    Now we have an additional list for watching on line -I am not familiar with Netflix and how soon one can watch new releases on line? But with our method we cant watch films till they come out on DVD or blue ray.
    So what we do is read the film reviews each week and add to a list of what we would like to see. I keep all my lists and notes on Evernote, a free and highly praised app which I have on the computer and on the smart phone too. Also ipad. It is a way of not losing any lists.
    I havent discovered any way of keeping such a list so you can view it on your TV. We cant really see our Love Film list on the TV either. We have to consult the phone or computer.

I cant suggest any films as I dont know your age or interests. We watch a lot of foreign films. One lesser known American film - we particularly like is a sort of modern Western made by Tommy Lee Jones and it has sunshine and horses in it too: The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, 2003, but I dont know if it is on netflicks.
    Untouchable a French film about a man in a wheel chair and his black protegee and carer is funny and moving.
    I love the Hunger Games Trilogy as books and the first film is good. The second one is just out.

We also liked Whip It by Drew Barrymore about roller skating Derbys in the USA. We find a lot of good USA films dont get released here or, if they do, disappear rapidly.

OH and I are distressed that when we look at the list of titles we have watched we cant immediately remember what any of them are about - though if I clicked on the title and saw a still picture, I might. But we love film and hope this is useful.

I cant resist adding that I love historical films - Any of the Jane Austen, plus the serial Lost in Austen which I had as a box set when recovering from my operation.
    There is a wonderful Danish film called A Royal Affair about the British princess who was sent off to marry the lunatic King of Denmark. She was sister of George III. Feminist directors are throwing a new light on the past and present too, telling stories from the woman's point of view. We liked the Eagle (of the 9th) 2010 based on the Rosemary Sutcliffe book.
    And the latest re-make of True Grit which has a girl riding horses like a boy would have done.
    Being old, we like UP. OH and I are starting to remember, you see.
    The films I watch again and again are Erin Brokovitch, Sleepless in Seattle, Pretty Woman.

Our own horsey fix last night was watching the second half of the final of the Argentine Open Polo championship on line from Buenos Aires - Dont know if it was the camera angle, but wow they rode those horses hard and fast. Looked faster than we see here. But then the competition was fiercer. I thought too late about posting about it here but OH said one might need a subscription.
    However, there are top polo games in Argentina every year Nov-December, the Hurlingham Cup is another - and you could note in your diary to do a google search next year. The company that transmits them is called ESPN, a sports channel , OH says.
    Last edited by Skib; 08-12-2013 at 08:56.

I don't know if you'd class it as a horror, but World War Z is good! Harry Potter from the very first one? That'll keep you busy for a while!
    Have a look at some new releases, I'm sure you'll find something you like

Lord of the rings, extended versions + the hobbit. That would keep you busy for a while

World War Z was actually quite good and I don't do 'zombies' it's actually quite a fear of mine but I managed to watch that film without too much hiding behind pillows and not sleeping for days

I've just watched Heartland on Netflix and am working through The Tudors.