Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I went on a hack and I saw?

Legend's pretty bomb proof these days, is used to seeing tractors so doesn't bother with them anymore. We did see some sheep being herded down the road which were apparently scary. Also I think he was having a bit of a stand off with a cow yesterday, he stopped and stared at it for a while then snorted and jogged off down the road.

First time I hacked Toby out a different route from the yard we were approaching a bridge that trains go under. My Mum called back to warn me, so I shouted to trot to get past it quicker. Train came underneath and blared it's horn, I nearly pooped myself! Don't think Toby will have ever heard a train before, yard he was at previously was in a forest- he flicked his ears at it, only reaction he got. He's so good!

My old yard (Blazing-Inferno's current yard) was the best for weird hacking. There's a guy who lives in the forest in a caravan, and decorates his garden. Think painting the trees, mannequins dressed up, with different outfits. Ladies underwear hung outside on a washing line. Those little balls from children's ballpits, everywhere! A painted chair. For Halloween he put up a big fake spiders web with spiders on it, 4 of us were out and only one of us could even get their horse near it- even Toby was having none of it and that's saying something! Think Blaze nearly knocked B-I's teeth out we ended up following our friend on a sensible pony, but we were somewhat hurried and snorting! And then 2 grass mounds as a woman's breasts, her face is depicted out with stones etc. I have no pics but it is hilarious! Our riding school clients always thought it was awesome, none of the horses batted an eyelid as it was normal for them!

Toby's best spook ever was probably at a small child on a bike. Out with B-I again, Blaze walked past without spooking (this is a big thing ). Toby ignored child's father cycling past, ignored mother... then wet himself at the child and jogged sideways snorting at him until we were past them

In the summer we were happily hacking down one of the droves and there sat the air ambulance in a field getting ready to take off. That was interesting. I expected at least Alfie to not like it, but nothing didn't even bat an eyelid as it took off!

Then a bit further along the ride had a canter on the stubble, next thing I know he's slammed the brakes on and I'm almost over his head. There was a shorter patch of stubble!!

A pig running down the lane in front of us at my old yard was fun once. My old pony did not do pigs lol!

There's been all sorts over the years. Interrupted a couple who obviously didn't realise 20+ horses were ridden along a track they were parked up down lol!

I did come across a romantic couple in a car once.

Used to see nudists on the beach quite a lot even more interesting when there were customers with you!!

How about......

I tried to go for a hack and I saw;

-The wind had taken many slates off the roof and blown them about the paddock
    -The plaster ceiling in one of my stables had fallen in due to a leak from the torrents of rain
    -A falling tree branch had snapped the cable that connects my energiser to the fence

and

-Someone had nicked my extension cord (works the lights and everything else at the stables )

??

Motivational?

Yes these two were funny, not sure who was more spooked, them or my horse. She had the best view of the predators.

A field of alpacas and one had a white face against chocolate brown body so looked like a scream mask!

A kinda almost naked guy washing his car for attention so we all shouted stuff and he ran inside lol.

I went on a hack and I saw, a grit bin with the lid up, some blown over trees, a pothole filled with water.

Dandea saw - OMG a big yellow horse eating monster and LOOK MUM IT'S GOT IT'S MOUTH OPEN - RUN AWAY!!!! And MUM there is a thing on the floor and I dont' know what it is and it's bigger than me so I know - I'll grow to 18hh and snort at it - see that showed it! OMFG there is a hole and I'm going to fall down it so I'll piaffe and snort and - oh look I can step over it

Bless her - it was windy and raining last night