Thread: XC schooling- a mixed one...

Default XC schooling- a mixed one...

We went to Deer Park XC in Brockhampton on Saturday. Lovely day for it, cold and bright. They have good grass coverage there so it wasn't muddy despite all the heavy rain, but it was a bit slippy, so we had to take it easy as it's an undulating course.

Went with a friend who did fabulously- she has a Welsh who is reknowned for his general fear of life, and she built up slowly but did lots of things (like steps) which he wouldn't go within a mile of on previous XC schooling trips.

Bril was on good form, fairly calm for him He was jumping nicely, I was a bit picky about jumps due to potential slipping, especially those on steep downhills etc. We'd just started doing a few that were towards the top end of our (my) comfort zone.

I stopped to take a photo of my friend, and took my feet out stirrups for a stretch. Turned my right foot towards the outside and OWWWWW. Something around me knee wasn't right. I tried to pop over a few more but it was so painful even cantering let alone jumping that I stopped and we just mooched around while my friend did the rest of the jumps she wanted.

So I haven't ridden since and pony has had an easy few days. Going to get back on tomorrow and see how it is...

Hope your knee is ok.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

They look good, I like deer park but it is pretty hilly which makes it difficult if it's wet. Glad you had a good day and hope your knee is better soon.

Lovely photos, looks an interesting course. Not heard of it, not sure where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by blueforest View Post
    Lovely photos, looks an interesting course. Not heard of it, not sure where you are?
    Deer park is Brockhampton, Gloucestershire