Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Horse Whisperer

Default The Horse Whisperer

Seen this twice now but read the book first.
    I found the book to be a lot better as it had more detail and the film was really a sort of love story. I find that with books though.

Anyone else seen it or read the book?

I read *some* of the book and lost the will to live, didn't finish it.

Saw the film a long time ago but it wasn't my sort of thing and I don't remember it very well now.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

I read the book when it was new out, think I was only about 10 or 11 but my mum passed it to me to read (after buying it for herself) despite the adult content... obviously at that age I found the sex scenes a bit pointless as I would rather be reading about the horses I love how Nicholas Evans writes and how deep he goes with his characters and I thought it was a great book (his others are good too). I loved the film, but it was a bit long for my liking and yes the book was better, in particular I thought the ending of the film was a right cop-out as the ending of the book is much grittier.

Having Robert Redford in it helped the film length for me.

I loved the book. I borrowed it from the library in the late 90s, enjoyed it and promptly forgot all about it after I returned it, but I picked up a copy at a second hand book store in 2007 to read while Mr Sez was out at a Muse gig with a mutual friend (unfortunately, it had been booked prior to Mr Sez and I meeting, so I wasn't able to go along ) I was absolutely glued to it and I read the whole thing in one evening. Must dig it out again

The film disappointed me in places but was still worthwhile watching. The ending made me a bit as it was completely different to what I was expecting, but it was a pretty good re-imagining of the story.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Is this the one where the family have the disabled son? Probably wrong, apologies if I am!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016

Where are people watching it? Second time ive seen people talking about the horse whisperer! Id love to see it again!
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by gillianclaude View Post
    Is this the one where the family have the disabled son? Probably wrong, apologies if I am!
    Nope, sorry

Just searched my room and it's The Horse Boy. My bad.

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016

I enjoyed both. Saw the film first as my mum wouldn't let me read the book as she thought I'd be too upset I finally got hold of it and read it though. Agree its much grittier but brilliant. Scene in the film with the snow at the beginning still makes my heart go and I can't climb a slippery hill on horseback without thinking about it...

Smile because it happened.
    Jimmy 2003-2011