Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Daily Photo

Default 2014 Daily Photo

Inspired by a friend, I've taken up a challenge to take a photo every day of 2014 and post it on FB. I thought I'd do a thread of those photos on here as a sort of diary - I'm not great at keeping written diaries, so I thought my Daily Photo would make a nice alternative. Some days I'll have had lots of nice things to take photos of and had to pick one out, other days no doubt I'll have struggled to find inspiration, especially if the weather was grotty, and the photo may not be very interesting. But life is interesting on some days and not others so that's just how it's going to be

I'm a week behind already so going to get this up to date straight away, after that I'm not sure if I'll remember to update every day or if it will become more of a weekly thing!

Day 1 - January 1st, 2014. My boss and I took a half-day off from the horses and joined her OH, parents and brother, and the three yard dogs, for a walk on Omaha Beach. It was pretty cold and windy and the Christmas cobwebs were well and truly blown away.

Day 2 - January 2nd, 2014. The Mouselet and a couple of his field buddies having a lunchtime snack in the sunshine. I will never get bored of being able to see my pony from my bedroom window - truly a childhood dream! After 3 years you'd think the novelty would have worn off...

Day 3 - January 3rd, 2014.My day off, which means work day for Dessie, the 4-year-old New Forest mare I have been bringing on. She is very green still, naturally anxious and a bit of a live wire, so we've taken things very slowly, but she is really starting to show promise now, particularly with her jumping. I hacked her up to the yard from home, we did some work in the school, and finished up by walking and trotting over the water tray and then a blue plastic sheet held down with jump poles. She was very wary of the tarp at first, and the first time she stood on it, it made a noise and she pinged straight up in the air - but 5 minutes' work and she was trotting over it without hesitation. Sometimes she's braver than she thinks she is Unfortunately I think I wore her out a little bit...!

Day 4 - January 4th, 2014. Grotty weather and not a great day for outdoor photos. Instead I got a little photo opportunity as I was innocently munching a biscuit in the tack room and suddenly got the feeling that I was being watched. There should be a Doctor Who episode about dogs who kill people by glaring at their backs!

Day 5 - January 5th, 2014. Hungry boys! Jam and Picasso showing that you don't actually need to live inside the barn to recognise the sound of the feed room door. They hadn't looked so perky all day. I know we're different species and all, but sometimes I think the endless rain and gloom affects the horses' enthusiasm as much as it affects ours

Day 6 - January 6th, 2014. We saw a lovely unbroken rainbow from the yard this afternoon. I think it was Nature's way of saying "Happy 3rd France-iversary Jess!" - as today is the 3rd anniversary of my arrival in Froggyland. I can't believe I've been here that long... where did the time go?!

What a lovely idea! I have thought about doing a regular diary but just know I'd never be bothered updating it, this looks more fun.

(eta: Was it ok to comment in the thread? I'm never sure if it's ok with diary type things)
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Yeah of course it's ok to comment

Great idea! I can't believe you've been there that long either, it only feels like 5 minutes ago you were posting those gorgeous sunny portugal photos!

Fab idea for a thread! Can't believe its been 3 years either!

Three years.. Really?! Wow!

This is such a good idea though, think I might do my own version. I think the picture of Jam and Picasso may be my favourite so far

I love the idea, maybe a weekly photo would be better for me.
    I take loads but you bet your life i will forget a day.

great idea
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

My friend did this but with short video clips (I think 1 second ones). She kept it up for a whole year and has just done a video where you can watch them all together. It looks amazing! I think it's a great idea and will be amazing if you manage to do it for the whole year. I'm not sure I would, but love the thought of it!

What's the picture of today then joosie?