Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Daily Photo

I'm trying to sort it now but my camera won't connect to my laptop, am troubleshooting atm!

I may have to steal this idea
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Day 7 - January 7th, 2014. Had a jumping session with young Dessie this afternoon in preparation for her training show on Sunday. Her canter is very green still, so we have mostly been jumping from trot since she started back in May. She's done courses up to 80cm jumping from trot and shown scope and the makings of a great technique, so taking it up to canter and making the most of her power is the next step. Today we worked on jumping individual fences from canter and Dessie was super, really popping her back up and snapping her toes out of the way... at times I felt like I was being propelled right up in the air We finished up with an 80cm spread, my boss shouted at me to ride on a bit more, the stride came out perfect, and she flew over it beautifully. Really all I can say is Wow - pony has one heck of a jump on her! So today's photo - a course of BabyPony jumps - looking a tad out of place in an arena where the jumps are often high enough for my pony to walk underneath

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Great idea! I can't believe you've been there that long either, it only feels like 5 minutes ago you were posting those gorgeous sunny portugal photos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowjones View Post
    Can't believe its been 3 years either!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    Three years.. Really?! Wow!
    I know, pretty mad isn't it. I'd actually forgotten my Franceiversary was coming up, until a couple of weeks ago when I was saying Happy Christmas to Mouse and realised it was our third together! It's our third Ownaversary in July. Nuts.
    Josie, I went to Portugal for a visit back in October, and it felt like I'd never been away! Amazing how easily you can fit back into an old lifestyle, I felt so at home, even though I left more than 3 years ago.

Day 8 - January 8th, 2014. Today's photo is a shot of Vegas, one of the yard dogs - no special reason really, we just love him!

Day 9 - January 9th, 2014. Nice quiet barn at the end of the day, no noise except that peaceful munching sound that every horse-lover knows so well. It's very odd not to have at least one head poking out over the door, our lot are usually a very sociable bunch... just not at dinnertime! Sorry, we're not in!

Very good idea

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Day 10 - January 10th, 2014. Took this on my walk to work this morning as it made for an unusual view. I'm one of those weird people who actually likes the look of wind turbines, which is a good thing too, because Normandy has quite a lot of them!

Great picture! Love how its creeping out of the fog.

Day 11 - January 11th, 2014. Picasso having a mid-afternoon nap! He's one of those horses that lies down a lot, I guess it's quite hard work being this handsome. Poor boy.