Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Daily Photo

Day 12 - January 12th, 2014. First frilly of the year, woo! Jam and I went to a training show today, on a bit of a whim. We haven't jumped together since November so it could have been a bit iffy! But he was a hoss on super form and didn't touch a pole, we went clear in the 1m and managed to win by 8 seconds! Clever gingernut! Though I did nearly fall off in the prizegiving, but that's not important

They call them plaques. Training shows tend to use thin plastic ones like this one, cos they're cheap I suppose - you might notice this one has 2013 on it, when riding centres host shows they tend to dig their plaques and rosettes out of the back of the cupboard I have got one from 1997 somewhere... at a show I did in 2013 At the affiliated shows plaques are usually plastic with metal backing, and some of them are pure metal and hand painted, really nice!

Reminds me of our clear rounds, they have a bucket full of all kinds of odds and ends. Some say well done etc.

Day 13 - January 13th, 2014. Another rainbow at the yard today - this one ended at the bottom of one of our paddocks, I don't think I've ever seen the end of a rainbow so close and clear before. We saw 4 from the yard throughout the day, clearly an optimum spot (and optimum weather!).

Day 14 - January 14th, 2014. ((Loving all the 14s!)). Went out to the field to visit Mouse after work and had to use my camera flash to find him in the dark... judging by this photo I don't think he was very impressed

Great idea although I think a weekly post will become more doable in your busy life lol.

Hi from the tb bird xx

Quote Originally Posted by jam14 View Post
    Great idea although I think a weekly post will become more doable in your busy life lol.

Hi from the tb bird xx
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Day 15 - January 15th, 2014. Nothing better at the end of a hard day's work than sitting down for a cuppa with your pony

Day 16 - January 16th, 2014. First-ever photo taken from on board the DessiePony... you have to pick the right moment to ride her one-handed unless you want to suddenly find yourself going in the opposite direction at high speed We went for a hack today to chill out after her training show (SJ) on Sunday, she was on her best behaviour and even had her first hacking canter - albeit only 5 strides or so before we ran out of room, having done most of the length of the field in a super-fast trot!