Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2014 Daily Photo

Ha ha.

Day 73 - March 14th, 2014. Ahhhh bliss, home comforts at the end of a day's work. Two of the best reasons to go to England every now and again.

Day 74 - March 15th, 2014. Pif and Paf heading out in the carriage for their first outing of the year. Sorry boys, holiday's over. Say goodbye to the fat and fur!

Day 75 - March 16th, 2014. Mouse being chummy with Dave over the fence. Mouse likes meeting horses who are more midgety than him, even if they are going to outgrow him quite soon! Reminds me of a couple of years ago when his best buddy was Bonsai the foal and they were absolutely joined at the hip. Bonsai was actually smaller than him, then gradually he got taller and taller and suddenly Mouse was a midget next to him. Won't be long before Dave does the same! But don't worry Mouselet, at least Pif and Paf will always be smaller than you

Day 76 - March 17th, 2014. My boy eating a twig, cos he is a Very Special Pony.

Day 77 - March 18th, 2014. Exciting day today and very pleased that I could finally reveal something that I'd been keeping secret for MONTHS! My new horse Annie arrived this evening after a long journey all the way from the Algarve. I met her there back in October and immediately fell in love, but since I made the decision to take her on, it had taken a while for everything to come together - so I didn't tell everyone, because I didn't want to jinx it!

Day 78 - March 19th, 2014. Day off today, doing lots of pony stuff in the lovely spring sunshine. In the morning Annie went out to the field to join her new herd - she was chased around a fair bit, but by the end of the day they had settled down and were allowing her to graze nearby. Mizz (bottom of the rank) is doing her best to befriend her, I think another day or two should do it. After lunch I rode Mouselet up to the yard - his first ridden solo hack - and we did some stuff in the school including walking over the tarpaulin (no problem) and having our first canter together Dessie did some schooling as well, finishing up with some trotting poles, and then finally we went for a quick spin in the carriage with Pif & Paf. Very beautiful day!

Day 79 - March 20th, 2014. Sorry Mouse but it's that time of year again, it's fly rug time! End of mud-rolling season for you, and start of sewing season for me. And of course I just HAD to get you one with an embarrassing hat. Soz.

Day 80 - March 21st, 2014. A bit uninspired for photo-taking today, until I spotted this strange colouring in the clouds as I left the yard after work.

Day 81 - March 22nd, 2014. Today was the beginning of my fourth year of competition grooming. Time flies! I still remember my first show days, way back in the time before I realised that I would NEVER put my rider's saddle on correctly, no matter how much practise I got **cough** showjumpers have saddle OCD **cough cough**. There were several super rounds today but the gold star goes to Jamboree for coming 2nd in the 1.10 - old boy's still got it!

Day 82 - March 23rd, 2014. Today's photo represents how unpredictable riding can be - flying one minute, crashing the next. Just seconds after this jump things went wrong and horse and rider went Splat... The result, one lame horse, and my boss in hospital with multiple fractures in her jaw and cheek

Day 83 - March 24th, 2014. Long day today with my boss in hospital awaiting surgery on her face, so when I got home I hung out with Mouse and co. in the field shelter to psych myself up for trudging up the hill to get the sheep in And noticed that Unity's winter coat appears to be ready to come out...

Day 84 - March 25th, 2014. Typical, you put them out in the paddock to enjoy the sunshine, and 10 minutes later it's peeing down with rain. Oops.

Day 85 - March 26th, 2014. Thought the sky was quite pretty this evening!

Day 86 - March 27th, 2014. Today I found little Anniepants having a bit of a nap There were 3 of them sleeping in a line when I got to the field - Annie was the last to get up though, I think all this eating must be wearing her out...! She is in season and has been very busy squealing and peeing at Lucky - being the only boy certainly has its perks

Day 87 - March 28th, 2014. Disproportionately excited about this, but my new camera arrived yesterday and now it's all set up and ready to go! Did so much research my head was swimming, but settled on a Sony a65 as the reviews were consistently good and it kept coming up as one of the best in my budget, and sticking with Sony seemed logical as my bridge camera (which has been used to take my Daily Photos) has been so reliable. My bank balance hurts a bit, but I don't care Now I just need to learn how to use the darn thing. So... many... buttons...

Time for a massive photo update as I have fallen hugely behind! ((Those who follow my pics on FB will know I have been keeping up though ))

Day 88 - March 29th, 2014. A clean(ish) Mouselet. Doesn't happen often, so don't get excited...

Day 89 - March 30th, 2014. Sometimes my favourite photos from shows have nothing to do with the actual jumping, today's is a pic of a very kissable nose waiting to go into its first-ever prizegiving.

Day 90 - March 31st, 2014. Yer, wot? Indoor sunbathing is the In Thing you know!

Day 91 - April 1st, 2014. I had a play with my new camera in the garden at lunchtime, and Shisha was happy to do some modelling.

Day 92 - April 2nd, 2014. Spot the butterfly.

Day 93 - April 3rd, 2014. A rather spectacular sunset tonight. Everything, both outside and inside the house, was bathed in pink light for about 4 minutes - then it was gone! Photo is completely unedited, it really was this colour. Love the spring!

Day 94 - April 4th, 2014. A nest of baby bunnies.

Day 95 - April 5th, 2014. Probably the only bearded lady who will ever feature in my Daily Photo challenge. But you never know.

Day 96 - April 6th, 2014. Vegas and Socks make today's photo choice, just cos they are cute!

Day 97 - April 7th, 2014. Hello Crackers!

Day 98 - April 8th, 2014. Dessie being nosey! Love it when the clocks change and there is time to hang out with the ponies after work.

Day 99 - April 9th, 2014. Set modelling the foaling belt, and doesn't she look SO pleased Looking forward to the first foal of 2014 - come on Set, pop!

Day 100 - April 10th, 2014. This morning Anniepants put on her Bravepants and went for her first solo hack - and she was fab Just a bit hesitant in places because she likes to stop and look at things, but then she decides for herself that it's actually not scary at all, and marches on. Lots of thinking and listening going on, those big radar ears are constantly on the move! We met a tractor, a high-speed pheasant and a boy-racer, and she didn't bat an eyelid She was also seriously chilled out on the yard while I was getting her ready, and stood perfectly still at the mounting block while I got on and sorted myself out - progress being made all round, she is a clever little hoss!

Day 101 - April 11th, 2014. My poor little Mouselet has got a gammy leg He reckons it is broken. I tried to tell him I don't think it's quite that serious, but he won't believe me. He says it will probably drop off in a few days, and then I'll feel REALLY BAD for telling him he was over-reacting...

Day 102 - April 12th, 2014. My boss's first day back competing after mashing her face just 2 weeks ago. The photo is of Picasso at the end of his jumpoff. Just missed out on the placings today but was clearly feeling the joys of spring!

Day 103 - April 13th, 2014. A successful couple of days of jumping, all the horses were on form ((including the Amazing Mr Jam who took me around the 1m clear in the morning)) but Toscane made today's photo because we were so pleased with how well she went over the weekend. Clear round in the 1.10m on Saturday and just an unlucky 4 faults in the (very technical) 1.15m today, two lovely rounds of bold, fluid jumping and none of her trademark stupidity! Usually it's a toss-up between "oh look a butterfly, look at the pretty butterfly, isn't it such a lovely colour.... oh whoops, I missed the jump..." and "OMG A BUTTERFLY OMG OMG IT'S SO SCARY, MUST SLAM BRAKES ON IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT HAS A CHANCE TO EAT ME!!!" - but nope, none of that stuff this weekend Good pony!

Day 104 - April 14th, 2014. Today's photo was going to be Pif & Paf out in the carriage this evening, but some genius took a camera with no battery in it, so a couple of sunbathing dogs will have to do!

Day 105 - April 15th, 2014. Made a really disappointing discovery about my new camera today The youngsters had their first show of the year and I was hoping to get some good photos of them jumping, but when the first one was about to set off and I tried to turn my camera on, absolutely nothing happened What is the point of spending all that money on "upgrading" to a fancy camera, when you STILL have to put a battery in to make it work?! What a rip-off

Day 106 - April 16th, 2014. Out in the carriage with Pif & Paf this afternoon - beautiful sunny day, lots of greenness and flowers and other springy stuff. Note to self: these photocamera thingies really do work better if you put a battery in.

Day 107 - April 17th, 2014. Three fat ladies! Wonder who will pop first?

Day 108 - April 18th, 2014. Annie has been here for 1 month today and has been celebrating by stuffing her face with grass in her new field. She was the first to go through the gate yesterday, and would have been quite happy to spend the afternoon just eating in the gateway, had the other three not needed to go through as well. I mean really, why bother trotting up the hill to eat when there is SO MUCH GREEN right there beneath your feet? Needless to say when I visited her today she wasn't very interested in coming to say hello Sorry Jess, too busy nomming!

Day 109 - April 19th, 2014. Our lovely Lily won her first prize today, 7th in the 1.10m with her surrogate dad. Clever pony Think she looks rather dashing in yellow!

Day 110 - April 20th, 2014. A cute little bundle of Easter Sunday joy... look who was born this morning! Not got a name yet, but he's a handsome devil isn't he! Well done mummy Set. One mare down, 3 to go!

Day 111 - April 21st, 2014. Playing with my camera today to find good settings for portrait pics, I am quite taken with the High Contrast Mono but I think I needed to give my subject a bit of direction... the phrase "teaching your grandma to suck eggs" springs to mind

Day 112 - April 22nd, 2014. Went on a little road trip today to take Unity and Vidoc to a nice grassy field, and did some happy-snapping from the car which actually turned out a few pretty good photos! Love this one of a tractor at work, luckily the wind was in our favour or we would have been coated with limestone!

somerset, drinking scrump with thee wurzles

Joosie I have just read daily diary from start to fin it was brill , your new camera takes some amazing pics, ummm where is the rest of diary? I was really enjoying 😊