Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smurf does SJ

Default Smurf does SJ

Went to my riding clubs SJ practice last night, you go and warm up for as long as you like then go in little groups through to the main arena for practice(and a little bit of instruction if needed) round a course.

I haven't jumped Smurf since the end of November, when I had a lesson with a local SJ'er (also through my riding club) which was fab and we ended up jumping round a 90cm course really nicely

Last night we kept it small at around 75 and OMG smurf was a pocket rocket he was SO excited to be jumping and I could barely keep a lid on him

I have a hugely irritating habit of lifting myself out of the saddle slightly when he takes a hold, I don't know why I do it and I KNOW it doesn't help, and that I need to get my backside deep in the saddle and sit and make him wait...but knowing it in my head doesn't seem to transfer it to my brain.... so any tips short of glueing my **** to the saddle would be great!!

Anyway, he did settle a bit and I eventually managed (sort of) to sit on my backside, and we had a semi decent round, with an unlucky pole as he just got a bit flat, and I managed to completely maff the approach to the double and chucked him at it luckily for me Smurf is super honest and ignored my mess up and sorted himself out over the second part...many horses would have stopped! But we came around and jumped that line again spot on.

Loves my little horse

If some lovely person who is friends with me on fb would like to link to the vid I will be eternally grateful my kindle hates this forum and the computers broken (the second one down edited on movie maker is longer!) Thanks!

ETA will try link to you tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrERm5n1JzE
    Last edited by Taylor; 19-01-2014 at 19:28.
    Size 34" Shires Huntingdon Green Tweed Show Jacket for sale as too big. Only worn twice, immaculate condition. Cost 89.99, make me an offer

Cracking vid!
    I see what you mean about keeping a lid on him
    He looks like he's having a ball

Bouncy! Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by alliersv View Post
    Cracking vid!
    I see what you mean about keeping a lid on him
    He looks like he's having a ball
    Quite. If there'd been room to gallop he would of done

He was loving it though, got a jumping lesson on Sunday at the same venue, could be fun!
    Size 34" Shires Huntingdon Green Tweed Show Jacket for sale as too big. Only worn twice, immaculate condition. Cost 89.99, make me an offer

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Quite. If there'd been room to gallop he would of done

He was loving it though, got a jumping lesson on Sunday at the same venue, could be fun!
    I feel your pain. Jaf's just the same "Oooooh, jumps "
    Make sure you get the lesson videoed!

I love Smurf He looks like a such a dude. I think him and Jaff are my favourites (me, partial to a bit of orange? never!)

Quote Originally Posted by KingCavala.. View Post
    I love Smurf He looks like a such a dude. I think him and Jaff are my favourites (me, partial to a bit of orange? never!)
    Thankyou! They are flying the flag for "hotcobs" everywhere!

He's so cool! Glad you had a good time

Looks like great fun

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by alliersv View Post
    Thankyou! They are flying the flag for "hotcobs" everywhere!
    We REALLY have to somehow get them together one day! Could be logistically problematic, but just has to be done!