Thread: Any BD people on here?

Default Any BD people on here?

This may be a tad premature seeing as it will only be our 3rd comp on Saturday (and our first prelim), but I'm really interested in having a go at affiliated stuff with my boy. Even if we only make it to prelim, it would be nice to get some points to his name and say that we have affiliated.
    I'm all for having a go, even if we don't get anywhere!

I've had a look on the BD site, and tbh I am baffled by it all.

Could someone give me a nice I'm-a-student-nurse-that-is-sleepdeprived-and-can't-function walkthrough of it all with some nice layman terms?!

The venue I did my last comp at and the one this week run BD comps once a month. If I did try it would obviously be towards end of the year, beginning of next year, depending on how well he progresses.

Also, would I look stupid on a 13.3hh, compared to all the posh warmbloods?

Firstly you won't look stupid at all, Facebook 'little pony, big dreams' (I believe that's what it's called) there's quite a few not posh Warmbloods that do dressage we only have 1 Warmblood in our whole barn

To do prelim I believe you can now be an associate member rather than paying out for being a proper member? However I'm not sure but the first thing to do is to register yourself because you can't register a horse till your registered

Let me go and check the associate member thing for you. As the rule has just changed, before December you didn't have to be a member to compete Prelim so I'm not quite sure now.

Oh brilliant thank you very much Although I do warn you I may plague you with questions if this weekend goes well!

Don't be off by all the posh warmbloods. At prelim, a nice obedient accurate test can often do better than a flashy one with the horse messing around I do feel a bit small on Rocky sometimes as he is a hairy native but he always gets decent scores and has beaten a few warmbloods too so go for it and have fun!
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

Ok so after trawling through the rule book to find the right section I found this
    23. Introductory classes
    Introductory classes are open to members or
    associate
    members in groups 7 & 8 on
    registered and
    associate registered horses
    with no grading points. Grading points will not
    be awarded for Introductory classes and sheets gained in these classes cannot be used for
    qualification.
    24. Preliminary classes
    The Open section of Preliminary Classes is open to members or
    associate members
    on
    registered or
    , horse not to have gained more than 49 BD
    points. Those competing in the open section do not qualify for the Winter or Summer
    Regional Championships.
    The Restricted section of Preliminary Classes is for those who are eligible to qualify for the
    Summer and Winter Regional Championships, ie members of BD who are groups 7 or 8,
    riding registered or
    with no more than 49 BD points.
    Preliminary Restricted sections classes carry “Prelim points” which are used for qualification
    purposes only and do not affect the horses grade. Full horse registration is required for the
    Winter/Summer Regional Championships and Area Festivals.
    Basically, you can either register fully or register as an associate member. Associate membership is free, you then register your horse as an associate registered horse (again free) or you can pay and register fully.
    Now if you become a full member you can compete on an associate register horse which enables you to qualify for summer and winter regionals and also petplan area festivals. For Area festivals You need three score sheets from BD affiliated shows with scores of 62% or above if you get them and want to go at that point you will have to fully register your horse. Regionals gets a bit more complicated so we'll leave that for now but if you want to do BD I highly recommend trying to get your 3 scores and doing an area festival for the experience.

I'm not sure if i'm explaining that very well or if thats what you wanted to know?

Quote Originally Posted by MileAMinute View Post
    Oh brilliant thank you very much Although I do warn you I may plague you with questions if this weekend goes well!
    No problem, good luck for the weekend
    I will try my best to answer questions but if i can't i'm sure my trainer can answer them.