Thread: Weahter warnings=stressage not dressage lol

Default Weahter warnings=stressage not dressage lol

Off now to begin plaiting two horses as OH cannot plait apparently with a sore back as put it out lifting tvs and tv stands yesterday so we will both be munching painkillers ......

Weather warnings and lashing rain while blowing a gale outside but hoping not as windy where we are going and they keep the warm up indoor as might move one test arena indoor and the warm up outdoor eeek

Clinging on and stressage it shall probably be

Good luck - I'm off to a dog show, so glad it's indoors!!

Good luck.

Well it wasnt as windy as feared as it died down a good bit and the lashing rain and sleet stopped with blue skies although freezing

The windy drive had them both a bit jumpy so they came off the box on their toes. In same class so getting both ready between us at same time wasnt the easiest

In the warm up a cat in viewing gallery above was protesting about a new cat making the most disturbing wailing and there was alot of horses and kids on ponies zooming around so Jeannie was on her toes and tight as elastic while Murphy behaved impeccably and was looking amazing turning heads while we were turning heads for the wrong reasons

Then a kid zoomed from behind in canter so close to Jeannie squeezing between us and wall so just able to fit cos tiny pony and sent us airborne and had poor Jeannie so fraught it took ages to settle her and as usual I just wanted my name called to escape the warm up into an arena on my own test or not

Jeannie spooked in the test at new signs on the walls and the mirror and the judge's wheelchair but then she settled and for her did a nice straight forward test instead of marish strops etc and while alot to still work on I was so pleased with her and left the arena smiling

Murphy was not his usual wow self and had a bold day arguing with my OH and he got the lowest score ever but he was pleased with his warm up

Jeannie got 65% and some lovely comments and said she just needed to be more settled which is very true and always the case lol. We were 7th out of 15 and missed out on a 6th place ribbon by 2 collective marks as 6th place was also 65% but with 14 cm and I had 12 cm However I was well pleased with her and made up for warm up

My friend was also 2nd so we were all happy and smiling

Any advice re centre lines and halting as these have become an issue and somewhere I loose marks in every test

Everytime she drifts to the left and when halting she now steps to the left or turns her bum out to the left and isnt square. She never used to be as bad.

I have asked advice from many different instructors etc and still not getting any better. Im thinking of placing poles for her to trot between and halt.........