Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Trec for the craic

Default Le Trec for the craic

I have only had a few go's at Le Trec at my first yard with our riding club and while Jeannie wasnt the best as can be spooky it was great craic and always wanted to pursue it when couldnt compete in showj anymore cos of her knee but it was only ever down south or across the water so too far to travel her.

There is a lesson and comp at my usual dressage venue so have signed us both up (OH had no real choice in the matter and as need him to drive me and Jeannie there I am paying for his day out) and am so excited

She is ok at the s bend, good at the under neath the pole things and the bending, going through a box, over most things if not tarpaulin, gates now (not them so we worked on it lol) and standing for me but she is not good at plastic and spooky things so we will see how it goes but sure its good to have a variety in our days out and something new to practise at home

I'm entering Storm for an indoor Trec in March, and am rather excited about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jobi-Wan Kenobi View Post
    I'm entering Storm for an indoor Trec in March, and am rather excited about it!
    Im excited too and ours is indoor in 3 weeks so something to look forward to and something else to try a few things at home so different.

Is yours with riding club or a public comp? Have you done it before? Our prob is Murphy can hardly fit under the poles at 17.1hh!!

I had a bit of a taster last summer at a mini-camp with Moody Muley and Melly Moo. And last autumn I judged the obstacles section at our RC event, but as it was RC I made a point of helping those out that needed a bit of encouragement to walk over the tarpauline (sp?) rather than being a very strict judge, which a lot of people were grateful for. At that level, for me, it's more about encouraging folk to give it a go.

This is the one we're doing on 29th March. Must get entered!! http://www.white-horse-trec.co.uk/

This is the one we're doing on 29th March. Must get entered!! http://www.white-horse-trec.co.uk/
    *cough* Lambing *cough*

aw balls

next time then!

Where is it Jam14? Id love another go at Trec.

I had a bit of a taster last summer at a mini-camp with Moody Muley and Melly Moo. And last autumn I judged the obstacles section at our RC event, but as it was RC I made a point of helping those out that needed a bit of encouragement to walk over the tarpauline (sp?) rather than being a very strict judge, which a lot of people were grateful for. At that level, for me, it's more about encouraging folk to give it a go.

That looks fab! Id be wary of doing the orienteering bit as not so good out in the open with other horses around or in the distance unless a hot day with no wind and grass bellied horse

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyLawless View Post
    Where is it Jam14? Id love another go at Trec.
    Laurelview in Templepatrick...are you near?

Not a million miles away, im in Portadown