Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaiser, Rio and Macey 2014

So, I braved the wind today and took Rio out to dressage. Before I went I had a little play over some fences with kaiser. He was a star in the wind, and I only almost fell off a few times because of the wind, he didnt put a foot wrong

Annnd on to Rio. We had a 2 hour journey to the venue, with quite a lot of traffic and some scary wobbles due to the wind. However, chief driver (my lovely grandad) did a fab job and we got there in one piece. Today I did novice FSM and elem FSM.

Went into the warm up and promptly got drowned! Warmed up well enough, and just as I went into the first test it stopped raining and the wind got stronger. I could just about hear my music over the wind, but we did a nice enough test for 68.3% and 1st

Quick change over of bridles as he's much better in the double, into the warm up to do some leg yields and simple changes, and got attacked by hail stones... Into the test and the sun came out, yay! The trot work felt great, cat got a little onward bound and the mediums were flat, but you cant have it all Got 66.someting% and 1st

I'm not overly happy with the scores, as last time he did these tests, neither were far off 80%. However, minus the medium canter everything felt good and stronger.

Im hoping this is a good omen as we're off to Merrist Wood for the regional Novice FSM next Saturday! Eek!

Sweet and sour chicken balls and coke if you got to the end of that!!

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

What a brilliant day I had a lovely schooling session with Kaiser in the morning, he started to pick up some medium trot, and also a little bit of leg yield Clever boy.

But the star of the day was Rio. We went off to Merrist Wood for the novice music freestyle regional champ. he warmed up lovely. Really forward and easy. Went into the arena (he hates going indoors) and tensed a little bit, but had a good look in the trot round, and settled for the test. In the first halt he was shaking like a leaf bless him. Test felt nice, forward and fluent. the medium trot didnt really happen- think the tension stopped it- but the rest was nice

And we came 3rd with 68.8% Really happy with him and we also picked up the BYDRS award for highest placed under 25 I'm secretly hoping for a wild card, but if we dont get one, i'm still just as happy!

Photos:

and a few of Kaiser. Ive told him he's got to go to the regionals with his big bro next time! :

hehehe

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

Wow well done

Im so jealous

Super!!! Well done!

K will do fantastically when he gets to go out to grown up parties like that too
    Native pony addict!

What good boys

Fab fab fab!!!

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Eee still so happy! Thank you

red... i'm just about to start playing with some music for mr K...

I took Kaiser XC schooling for the first time last week and had so much fun!!

Its amazing thinking how far we've come in a short amount of time, and I just wanted to share these pictures with you guys- its the start of something amazing

my fave

Update miss the pictures!!!
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]