Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boo and my mum won a red rosette!! *pics and vid*

Default Boo and my mum won a red rosette!! *pics and vid*

I'm so so so proud of them

My mum has been planning and prepping for this outing for a long time and has been getting progressively more nervous. She's barely done any competing and practically nothing with Boo but has been working SO hard with her dressage schooling that I felt they needed to start competing to actually reap some rewards. As it was Boo however we were a bit unsure and although we luckily avoided rain the wind was horrendous.

My mum always says Boo is like the girl with a curl. If you're not familiar with the nursery rhyme this is it:
    There was a little girl,
    Who had a little curl,
    Right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good,
    She was very good indeed,
    But when she was bad she was horrid.

Its very Boo But today she thankfully went for the very good side! I went in to watch and I just stood there absolutely gobsmacked. It was the best work I've ever seen them do - not just at a competition but ever. They both got in the zone and just went beautifully.

I had a feeling that they'd have done very very well but didn't want to jinx it as there were 14/15 in the class. But she only went and smashed it. They got 77.9%!!! (and there were some 50s and low 60s so it wasn't just an overly generous judge). Nearly all 8s and a couple of 7s.

If anyone has followed our times with Boo you'll know that we usually fail because she pins her ears back, tenses up, lunges at people and generally looks really angry and horrible in competition. The comments we received in our last showing season for example were "wow she's really angry isn't she, quite an attitude problem" and "she's very sour, clearly doesn't enjoy her work at all" and "her saddle must be pinching, that or she hates this" .
    BUT today the comments at the bottom were...
    "A super willing horse with a lovely attitude. Very relaxed and enjoying her work. Well done"

If only she knew!

So yes my mum is over the moon as you can imagine and our friend came second so we had a victory trailer today.

Some pics:

Warming up in the wet and wind

Before going in

And after

She really really deserves this, she's worked so hard with Boo and got over some bad times with her at the end of the last year. We bought Boo because we felt she had such potential in her paces etc and its finally showing through hooray!

Smile because it happened.
    Jimmy 2003-2011

so pleased for you and your Mum, that's brilliant news

Fab

Well done your mum! I really like Boo, she's my kind of mare

Wow! That's fab. Well done Mrs Igloo and Boo.

YAY!!!! Well done to your mum!!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

I love that wee rhyme and it is true of my mare espec at shows lol so I feel your mums pain and I also champion her for her not giving up and working so damn hard as I do so when you get that red it is so so sweet

Im so happy for you and your mum and am always so over the moon to hear someone dedicated against the odds having a success. I hope mum and Boo and have many many more reds

Thank you all Mum is still on cloud 9.

I rewarded Boo for yesterdays efforts by making her take me for a ride in the wind and rain as I haven't been home in a month and needed my riding fix! But she was so lovely - I think she may have had a brain transplant!

Smile because it happened.
    Jimmy 2003-2011

how fantastic - so pleased for you. Doubly so after the previous comments!x

That's fantastic well done what a lovely test they did.