Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mermaids: the body found.

Default mermaids: the body found.

Anyone else watched this?

Thoughts?!

Tell me more!
    Native pony addict!

It was a documentary on sky's animal planet about the apperent recovery of a body that is believed to be of a mermaid! It might be on repeat now!

Ive read about this and its not a documentary , its a docudrama or a mockumentary ...animal planet have released a statement to say that to the best of their knowledge mermaids aren't real I just took great pleasure in telling my OH this as he was transfixed by this...

Oh yeah I know, seems a lot of effort to go to for a hoax though..

Was a strange thing to watch, some 'footage' was a tad ridiculous.. Was interesting though! I'm there are creatures out their that haven't been found.

New species are discovered on a daily basis.

I wonder if a creature such as a mermaid exists though.. You never know I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameysmum View Post
    Oh yeah I know, seems a lot of effort to go to for a hoax though..
    Not really a hoax, they aren't trying to fool anyone. I've seen the fake documentary used for a few things, usually fake-disasters or alien encounters and things like that. It's just a different way of telling a story. Like the "found footage" style that's become popular in horror movies.

Seems most view it as a hoax from opinions else where, when I watched I thought it was more of 'reconstruction' on what is thought rather than making it up.

General feelings seem to be that as in the end credits they are not confirming that things mentioned are 100% real it's a hoax.

Not what I would call a hoax - it's just a bit of a "what if" type mockumentary. I thought it was a commentary on the fact that new things are being discovered every day.

I don't think that a mermaid is a terribly likely discovery - just too many evolutionary hurdles in too short a period of time. Species like "bigfoot" are much more likely to be kicking around
    THE EQUINE INFORMATION EXCHANGE Equine information, not speculation.