Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mermaids: the body found.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameysmum View Post
    I wonder if a creature such as a mermaid exists though.. You never know I guess.
    I didn't see the documentary, so am not sure what a "mermaid" is supposed to be ...

Part of the human evolutionary chain, like a water human? Or a fish with a human face? I think the origins of human facial structure have been tracked to a species, the Romundina, that existed over 400 million years ago. There are modern species of fish with epically human-like faces! Quite Disney- like!

There's been a few mermaid docudramas over the years. They're a lot of fun and quite thought provoking in terms of evolution. I wouldn't call them hoaxes, as they're not deliberately trying to make people believe they're real, but it's a work of fiction like any other, just in the format of a documentary. I saw one about dragons years ago, and the special effects were brilliant.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]