Thread: The book thief

Default The book thief

Anyone else seen it?

I saw the trailer and decided straight away I wanted to see it which hadn't happened to me in years I'm not huge film fan!

But I really really enjoyed it! If anyone is thinking of seeing it I'd encourage you

I haven't seen it, read the book though. It made me cry.
    I would like to see the film

Iv just bought the book! I'm sure changes were made to the film as usual so will have to see how I find the book.

I tried not crying at the film but utterly failed!

It's really well written, the style of the narrating takes a while to get into but once I did it's really good.
    So sad in so many parts, also good to read a book set in nazi Germany about a German. The other side so to speak.

I did actually say to my mum after the film I enjoyed seeing other side of nazi Germany as most opinons on it are very one sided. I think it was done nicely.
    Last edited by Ameysmum; 01-03-2014 at 20:28.

I read the book first. Loads of differences from the movie, but both had me absolutely sobbing!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

I'm going to see it on Tuesday!

I'm looking forward to reading the book, if the film had me blubbering I'm sure the book will be worse as they normally have so much more detail!

I'm not normally a cryer either but it was a bit of tear jerker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameysmum View Post
    I'm looking forward to reading the book, if the film had me blubbering I'm sure the book will be worse as they normally have so much more detail!

I'm not normally a cryer either but it was a bit of tear jerker.
    I'm not a cryer at films, books I do though. Only time I cry is when it's animals that are hurt etc, or house elves booed my eyes out when dobby died in Harry potter.

Closed I've come to crying at a film was catching fire, not out of sadness more because it was moving. That could be as well because I've read the books so know the whole story as oppose to just what's in the film.