Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr T aka Mr Tuplin's Diary

Default Mr T aka Mr Tuplin's Diary

Well after a lot of thinking i decided i would start a dairy of T, never done one before so this is a new thing to me.
    So in September i was offered to have my best friends horse on loan, well i jumped at the chance as was his groom for a lot of years and new T inside out.
    So off on a mad rush i went to find a livery yard close to home, and i found one.
    Got to know everyone and made sure a stable was saved for T, confirmed the yard with T's owner and a date was set for him to be transported up.
    Roll on to 22nd Oct the day T comes up, 4 hour trip and most of it was him sleeping Typical T.
    10 mins before he arrives i get a phone call to let me know they are just round the corned, well i knew as i was smack bang behind the box and T's Owner didn't realise
    Anyway the box pulled up onto the yard and T unloaded like a youngster all feet off the floor.
    Walked him to his box and got him settled and happy eating his Haylage.
    Popped head over to say hello and settling in

Day after arriving settling in and enjoying his breakfast

T went out in the field after staying in for a couple of days for worming

So i gave T a week or so to settle in at the yard and with his field friends, all was going well and i got a couple of chances to ride before the winter weather fully kicked in.

T moved to a new bigger stable on the yard, which was great as gave him more room to move about.

However things took a turn and T colic'd, so out came the vet. 1 Injection of painkiller and 1 injection of buscopan.
    T seemed to pick up rather quickly, which was good to see.
    It soon became clear that T was rather unsettled and was becoming very stressy, and was more or less pinned on how the yard routine is worked.
    A week down the line and T colic'd again, and yet another vet call out.
    Something needed to be done and it was agreed that if i could find 24-7 turn out for him then he would be better living out. As he had never colic'd in two years from living out 24-7.
    Sulking in stable as not allowed any hay or hard feed after vet visit

So off i went looking for grass only livery, in the mean time i informed the yard owner and to say it went down like a lead balloon is an understatement.
    In the end i had to put any moving yard stuff on hold as set parts of the area are going through strangle out breaks, so have worked with the yard owner to see what we can do to reduce T's stressing.
    We moved him to another stable on the yard where he is on his own with no neighbours, but can see everything on the yard.
    Its working to a point but i'm not holding my breath.
    In the mean time with the nice weather i have started working him again.

First warm day T got to the chance to go out without a rug on and as a think you i got this
    http://www.trotonline.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic45_1.gif
    Proud Owner Of Two Ex Race Horses, Mr Tuplin And Rony Dony

Ok so i havent updated for a little while.

well all horses are out 24/7 now which is to T's delight as much rather likes being out all year round if he could ( less chance of colic too )
    It is also T's birthday today so he had treats in his feed and loads a cuddles

Well its been a while i just haven't really been to bothered about posting, but thought this deserved a bit of a update.
    So its been 5 months since i last did T's Diary and in that time we have both been up to a lot and not so much a lot, after a month ( from my last update ) of being on the yard he was on it was clear that T just wasn't happy so i made the choice to move him to a yard that was relaxed, understood his needs, and best of all it was peaceful.
    Well i moved T to a yard up the back and beyond of Morpeth and it was the best move i made, my yard owner is a well respected eventer in our area, the yard staff have been no end of helpful with everything we both love the place.
    So what have we been up to, well our first time out with yard owner she showed us all the hacking route and there is loads. We went out for over an hour but it took its toll on T and he strained his back leg so was out of work for about a week as give him 5 days off.
    So in the mean time of T having rest i was my yard owners Groom, and i have to say i loved it and i'm now on standby if one of the staff can't make it.
    Once he was fine again we started schooling in the indoor school which he feels happy to be in and i felt relaxed which is a huge thing for me.
    We got invited to take part in " Ladies That Do Tea " which is run by our local hunt as a pleasure ride to raise money for a local charity, and we both loved it but was something new for me as there was a total of 46 of us taking part and was out for a solid 4 hours riding and then had food once it was over.
    T behaved like a dream with the odd excited moment but i really couldn't fault him, and with him being as good as he was we have both been invited to more pleasure rides ( i sooo can't wait ).
    T was also used as a lovely example for our local vets Worming and weight clinic on there facebook and webpage which i was really proud of.
    I fractured my ankle as well as took a lovely chip out of it, a word of wise don't kick a rug out of the way if there is concrete under it ( thats how i fractured my ankle ) so i'm not able to ride for about another 4 weeks or so.
    Anyway here's the best bit photos

Quarantine Field ( first moved on to yard )

Hacking and schooling

Rug change

Vet worm count and weight in

Yard owner and Oaky

Ladies that do Tea

Last but not least my horrid ankle lol

I cant believe I have only s

I cant believe I have only saw your diary now!! Enjoyed your posts about you and T and your journey starting out...as always horses are not without their ups and downs but am chuffed for you it seems to be working out now with new yard

Such a shame when it is all going fab and crunch goes the ankle!! I have an old ankle injury that is a right pain literally at times so please take the time to rest it despite how tempting it is to hop onboard earlier than advised lol

I think T looks like a super horse and you are so lucky to have been given the chance to loan him when know him so well. I was reading that thinking aw how amazing then oh crap stressing (I know this issue only too well grrrr) and then oh poop colic not one but twice

Thankfully your new yard is working out for him. I look forward to more updates and photos

Quote Originally Posted by jam14 View Post
    I cant believe I have only saw your diary now!! Enjoyed your posts about you and T and your journey starting out...as always horses are not without their ups and downs but am chuffed for you it seems to be working out now with new yard

Such a shame when it is all going fab and crunch goes the ankle!! I have an old ankle injury that is a right pain literally at times so please take the time to rest it despite how tempting it is to hop onboard earlier than advised lol

I think T looks like a super horse and you are so lucky to have been given the chance to loan him when know him so well. I was reading that thinking aw how amazing then oh crap stressing (I know this issue only too well grrrr) and then oh poop colic not one but twice

Thankfully your new yard is working out for him. I look forward to more updates and photos
    I'll be trying to keep the diary more up to date with T's adventures as its a brill record for the things done, glad your liking it so far though hun hehe.
    This is a re-break of a old fracture from what showed up on xray i have done it before but never new about it, they said it will be a common thing for me as my knee is struggling to support me due to having no anterior cruciate ligament in my left knee, i was meant to have it replace but since having a huge skin condition going on its been put on hold.
    Ive known and groomed T for 5 years or so, and he needed a home to spoil him haha so he came to me, he really is a super horse and couldn't be without him. Since moving to the yard we are at now T hasn't coliced once which is a brill thing.

Some posts and people's stories you just connect with and enjoy

He is lucky to have you doing all you can to keep him unstressed and seems a happy boy now

Quote Originally Posted by jam14 View Post
    Some posts and people's stories you just connect with and enjoy

He is lucky to have you doing all you can to keep him unstressed and seems a happy boy now
    Awww thank you, i'm more of the mind of I'm lucky to have him.....
    Wil keep my diary up to date as best as possible so you can enjoy our journey too

Ok, its been awhile again since my last update.
    To be fair nothing much has been going on, one thing after another with home life really, but i'll bring up to speed now as best i can.
    So since my last update T was working well in the school and enjoying he long hacks without injury hehe, winter soon came though and time for bringing in.
    T shared a huge barn with 4 other horses ( loose might i add ) and he has done well in there, schooling and hacking has gone out the window lately one thing and another, well T got a absess so that out pay to me wanting to start working him again and royalled me off as he has never had one in his life.
    After a long chat to my yard owner it was decided to bring him in to his own stable once one came available, a few days later and one comes free ( yay ).
    So now with a nice set up stable he moved in and he's happy as lary, absess cleared and new shoes on, so the work begins once the holidays are over and i cant ****** wait.
    So while he had time off he got a brand new super heavyweight turnout rug, i got a new pair of show boots to replace the ones that wont be returned to me and also a new family member.
    Anyway some photo's of him in his stable eatting his fodder brick and in his new turn out rug my new boots and our new family member.
    Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year too

T and his fodder brick

His new rug

My new boots

And our new family member (not named yet but its a Brazilian rainbow boa )

Enjoy the holidays and i hope santa brings you all lots of joy x

So the holidays are over and T got spoilt this year with some new rugs and a nice fleece, which were needed to say the least.
    I went to watch our local boxing day hunt, with all my kids who loved meeting the hounds.
    I ended up in A&E on xmas day as T decided to get excited while being turned out into our school and bucked out, which resulted in my hand swelling to the size of a baseball.
    As of this week T now comes back into work, couple of days working in the pessoa just to build him up the rest schooling and hacking as would like to see him up and going to do a few shows ( Dressage mainly with a bit of jumping, may even do a little showing show ).
    Hope you all had a lovely christmas and new years
    So for the photos

His new fleece

His stable rug

My hand ( with swelling )

My hand ( without swelling )

Boxing day Meet