Thread: C2C: Country to Country 2014

Default C2C: Country to Country 2014

Did anyone else go?

OH and I went for the full weekend. It was immense!

As a venue the O2 is amazing. There was such a great atmosphere in there with nearly everyone there for the gig. There were 4 small stages dotted around the concourse with up and coming acts playing, including McKay who I like, as well as Striking Matches who are pretty good. And there was a small shopping area to browse too.

We hadn't eaten all day so missed most of Martine McBride's act on the main stage in the O2 Arena as we were tucking into a glorious steak at the Spur, but she and Dixie Chick were the two acts over the two days that I wasn't really bothered about. OH was just there to humour me so didn't mind either way. Dierks Bentley was absolutely amazing and completely rocked (or should that be countried?) the audience. Zac Brown Band were the headline act and I was really looking forward seeing them as I love their songs. Sadly for most people they were a bit too metally as their most recent album was produced by Dave Grohl and it was easy to see his influence. They still put on a very good turn but left a lot of people, myself included, just a tad disappointed.

Sunday was just as exciting! We got to the O2 a little earlier as there was no way that I was missing any acts this time. First up was Chris Young. I actually fell a bit in love with him, probably helped by the Stella that was going down a little too well! Then The Band Perry came on and I was up and singing along to every word! Then Rascal Flatts who were one of the original bands with their song Banjo that got me into country music a couple of years ago. They were fab! And finally the headline act was Brad Paisley. He was amazing too. By this time I was rather trollied, but I was having just too much fun and didn't want it to end.

My feet were killing me as I'd been up dancing most of the evening and so I headed back to the hotel hanging on to OH and for the most part with boots in hand! There in the bar we met a couple of lasses who's husbands are in the USAF at Lakenheath and sat chatting with them until gone 3am!! Needless to say I was very hung over on Monday morning but it was all worthwhile.

Tickets go on sale for next year on Friday morning. Almost as exciting as waiting for tickets to Your Horse Live!!!

Pics can be found here.

Sounds great!

Seems funny someone talking about a Country music festival with the same enthusiasm as I talk about Reading Festival
    Native pony addict!

It's brilliant. All the songs are about boys, girls, beer, trucks, and tractors!!

About time country music is making it's way over there!!! I've seen in concert: Josh Turner, Kenny Chesney(4 times!!), Eric Church, Tim McGraw, Grace Potter, Zac Brown Band, Uncle Kracker, Billy Currington, Jake Owen, Eli Young Band, Kacey Musgraves.

I also got a signed guitar at one of the concerts! It was signed by Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Grace Potter, and Jake Owen!!

I got a picture of right before I got the guitar

Friend got this picture of me getting it( Jake Owen is the one giving it to me)

And the guitar

Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw

Intense picture of Zac Brown lol

Billy Currington

Eric Church
    Last edited by Izod; 21-03-2014 at 00:32.

Oh wow, how lucky are you?! I was supposed to go and see Eric Church a couple of weeks back but kinda lost track of time as we were viewing Bertha (horsebox) the same afternoon and wouldn't have made it home, bath and change and then over to Manchester in time. To say I was gutted was an understatement.

Fingers crossed for another huge line up next year. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning for a limited time so I'm going to try and get the same seats as we had this year. We had a great view, even though we weren't right at the front. I'd love to see Billy Currington and Eli Young Band, but I'm secretly hoping we might get Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton and Lady Antebellum as well.

My Ariat Heritage western boots arrived yesterday, so I've been wearing them in tonight when I was out with DiamondGem. And I saw a hat at the weekend too, so might just treat myself to one, seeing as it's 40% cheaper on the internet. Next year I'm going to look the part, as well as feeling at home. And I'm going to take the decent camera instead of just using my iphone!

I'm seeing Lady Antebellum this summer! Billy Currington and Joe Nichols will be her openers for the concert! Sorry that I took for your thread with the pictures!! Eric Church was AMAZING and I would love to see him preform again.

And about Zac Brown Band, I saw them before they came out with their new album. I saw them in 2011 twice( they were touring with Kenny Chesney) and they were absolutely amazing!

I do love Zac Brown Band, but I think I was so looking forwards to hearing more of their stuff that I know, rather than their new stuff, but understand why they did what they did. I did enjoy it, but I think because Dierks really hit the mark with his set he overshadowed ZBB. I was listening and watching replays from the weekend last night: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03y0lj7

Just got tickets to next year in the earlybird sale. I'm very in the office atm!!

I must say that Tim McGraw was the most awkward performance that I've seen(he toured with Kenny Chesney). Mainly because he was wearing all white... I think I just didn't like the look or something.

Did Zac Brown Band play Chicken Fried? That's one of my favorites!
    Last edited by Izod; 22-03-2014 at 02:12.

They did indeed. And Toes and Knee Deep which is my favourite, although I really like Free and Sweet Annie.