Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schooling photos

Default Schooling photos

Hi everyone.
    I thought I would get some feedback on my riding on some schooling photos? I regularly take photos and videos because I do not have access to a good instructor where I'm located. I'm all self taught would you guys be up to post some feedback. The only thing I was going to say, is that I have a fuzed wrist on the left side, so I can't bend my wrist at all on that side .

Thanks so much!

Love your lower leg, BUT you really need to think shoulders back and soften your hands as they look rather fixed at the moment, you also seem to have quite a contact on the curb rein which may put the horse in a nice outline but what happens if you loosen that rein ?

Beautiful horsey

Agree with TM, you've got a lovely lower leg but do need to sit back, that was a bad habit of mine for years so I do sympathise! I still default to that when I get nervous.

Agree with others, good lower leg but tipping forward to much. Think bosoms on full beam rather than dipped headlights

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

You look like you have a nice partnership with your horse , but you may benefit from sitting up more proud with bent 'heavy' elbows to absorb the contact of the reins.

I am a big fan of using the Pelham with two reins, but would like to see less hold on the curb.

Thanks for all the replies! I had a good laugh, you guys are great. I didn't even realize my hip angle was to closed, Ill make sure to keep reminding myself of that when Im riding. I think you have it right on with the softer elbow. I *think* I have a very soft hand, in that I've always been known for being gentle on the horse's mouth but I see what you mean about the tight elbows because that translates into my hand and wrist! are there some exercises I could do to improve that?

OMG gorgeous horse and you look great together plus your yard looks lovely

I was going to say fab lower leg but tipping forward and hands fixed (although I read you cant move one sorry) but have been beaten to this several times already. Doing well and horse goes well for you if self taught

Agree with the others but I'd like to see your stirrups at least one hole longer for schooling

Me having a fuzed wrist isnt an excused. I strongly believe I can still find ways to adapt and improve my riding having said that I will have to keep that in mind to try to change that. Ill lengthen my stirrups!

Agree with everyone else - you are tipping forwards (I do that too )

Keep checking shoulder hip heel alignment and a good excercise (i found) is to take both feet out of the stirrups at walk and then (one leg at a time) bring your knee up towards your chest then out to the side and down - that should sit you on your seat bones and put you in a straight line.