Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

I thought Gogglebox would be awful when I first heard about it, but I find it really funny. I am easily amused

I'm eagerly anticipating GoT to fill the Musketeers shaped void in my tv schedule, its going to be a brilliant season if the books are anything to go by I'm also watching NBC's Hannibal (online ) which is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time, but it is very gruesome (as you'd expect from a show about a cannibal) and can be harrowing so its not for everyone. It has wonderful acting and cinematography and Madds Mikkelson's Hannibal is fascinating villain. That's all I'm watching that's currently on tv, but I can recommend The Borgias as something to watch if you like historical drama, I was so gutted when they cancelled it after the third season because it means the story isn't finished, but its such a good show nonetheless. It's about the Borgia papacy so it's full of corruption, scandal and drama! No idea if you've seen Breaking Bad but if not then it lives up to the hype IMO.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

Doesn't Game of Thrones start for you guys April 6th? That's when the new season begins here!

Face Off is the only must-watch on my list right now, with Shingeki no Kyojin, Doctor Who and Orphan Black all between seasons. But Orphan Black starts up again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Just watching Gogglebox now.... Not sure on it, the narrator seems a bit drippy!
    They are but the people are ace. I love the posh drunk couple. They fell over and knocked the sofa over last series. Most amusing.
    I do find it better when I've watched what they are, I normally day the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Izod View Post
    Doesn't Game of Thrones start for you guys April 6th? That's when the new season begins here!
    Yeah, but that's like three whole days
    Four for me anyway as I don't have Sky so I have to watch online the day after

I feel like I should give Gogglebox more of a chance as everyone seems to love it, but I can't get over my initial prejudice . When I first heard about it my immediate reaction was 'why would I watch television in order to watch other people watching television?' and I just can't get over the sense of pointlessness about it . Everyone's so hyped for GOT but I don't have Sky and I'm not sure I'm even up to date !

I am enjoying having Endeavour back on the television though ! I'm normally wary of spin-offs and I never really took to Lewis all that much (enjoyable enough but never made a point of tuning in) - but I enjoy Endeavour a lot .

And also, not a current show as it was aired in 2012 but I just used my free afternoon to binge-watch all 5.5hrs of Parade's End , worth every second .

Suits, HIMYM final series (sob), brooklyn 99, revenge, the blacklist, and just finished Silk this week. I'm watching the tomorrow people but its too vanilla for me. Stuff like Spartacus has now got me wanting any violence to be realistic!

Hoping to jump on the breaking bad bandwagon soon too.

Oh and very shamefully I am an avid watcher of The Voice this year as Ricky Wilson has shaken up my Celebrity Can Do list!

Quote Originally Posted by tasha View Post
    Suits, HIMYM final series (sob), brooklyn 99, revenge, the blacklist, and just finished Silk this week. I'm watching the tomorrow people but its too vanilla for me. Stuff like Spartacus has now got me wanting any violence to be realistic!

Hoping to jump on the breaking bad bandwagon soon too.
    I love Brooklyn Nine-Nine, so funny! Might try the Blacklist, not heard of that before and it sounds pretty good.

I'm the same with The Tomorrow People. I sort of watch it, but it's a bit to teen for me, I like things like The Walking Dead, Spartacus, Banshee etc where it's all a bit more...um...violent . I'm slightly scared by how immune I am to things that used to have me squealing and hiding my face . I remember when I first watched The Walking Dead and it terrified me, and now I'm just like "oh look, a zombie. Whatever"

I'm also thinking of giving Breaking Bad a go. It doesn't sound like my sort of thing but everyone says it's amazing so

Also enjoying The Voice this year (sorry, this is getting a bit repetitive!). Sally is amazing!