Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Equisafety Purdy jacket

Default Problem with Equisafety Purdy jacket

I bought a Purdy jacket from Equisafety, which was reduced from 80 to 20. The jacket is faulty - the zip on the front doesn't really work very well and one of the arm zips doesn't work at all. I contacted them and I was told that they do not do refunds or exchanges on this jacket due to the price reduction. They state this at the bottom of the page when ordering. This item is not advertised as faulty, or as a second etc although they tell you to be careful with the main zip (on an 80 jacket? !).

1) The jacket is faulty, and as such not fit for purpose. I am therefore entitled to a replacement, refund or repair. This is according to the sale of goods act.

2) This item was bought online and therefore I have the right to a refund or exchange for any reason during a 7 day cooling off period. This is according to distance selling regulations.

I have informed the Office Of Fair trading - this is unacceptable and I will not deal with this company again, nor but their products from any distributor.

I have had a Google and found some similar stories. Has anyone else had the same problem?
    THE EQUINE INFORMATION EXCHANGE Equine information, not speculation.

Think I might have done a review of a different Equisafety jacket on here? Worst jacket in the history of ever. I'd not look at another product from them again either as that was so shoddy.

I'd had it ages and ages before I wore it though so I didn't try for a refund, it went in the bin.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

As you're aware my jacket broke within minutes of opening the packet, and their attitude towards me was appalling, they told me to be more careful, it's only a fashion jacket and therefore doesn't stand up to much usage... I only tried to zip it up for goodness sake. I must have forgotten fashion jackets don't have functioning zips... and that an equine company doesn't make riding coats that can actually be ridden in without dropping to pieces.

I've never come across such a rude company, which is a shame because I have bought quite a bit from them in the past but certainly wont be again.

Oh no I just got mine today.. I did wear mine and did think the front zips were fussy to fasten but I was in a rush to ride to the vets so haven't really tried it.. Thought it was too good to be true:-( I would of thought that if they haven't stated that they are faulty they should do something about it...

I am happy to post screen shots of the conversation I had with their customer service. They flat out will not help and I too feel that it was too good to be true! Give your jacket a really good check over just in case. I literally unzipped the arms to try it like a gilet, the when to put them back on but couldn't.

They are acting illegally and are being terribly unhelpful about it

Have you contacted trading standards? or even Watchdog!

They have a facebook page too https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equis...77348828956663 You should put something on there.

Yes I have contacted Office of Fair Trading (that's trading standards new name lol). The reason I put this on here was to see if I can find more people affected to contact watchdog etc. Also it will warn people in the future!

Trading standards and the office of fair trading are different entities. Actually the Office of fair trading closed down yesterday, see their website! http://www.oft.gov.uk/

Trading standard have taken on the responsibility for consumer protection law.
    Here's the website for trading standards http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Ahhhh! That explains why I had about four different contact emails! Thank you!