Thread: Trinity Consultants

Default Trinity Consultants

Has anyone used them before?

Have to say I'm very impressed with their service so far - I emailed Roger a week or so ago about Hoopy as am convinced she's got something weird going on metabolically as she's still footsore despite having really lovely feet which really should be rock crunching Plus there's other things with her being sensitive to touch, and quite grumpy at times then happy and chilled other times. My podiatrist had recommended some of his products so decided to look further into it. He got back to me the following day (and apologised for taking his time!) with advice on what he felt she might need, and a remedial nutrition sheet designed just for her with a 25 day plan including amounts to feed. He advised what he felt was the optimum supplementation she may need, but also said he realised that everyone has different budgets so gave me the minimum option as well. I decided to go ahead, ordered the products and they arrived 2 days later with some complementary tack room tea bags

So, have started the programme today, and I got them just in time as yesterday she came in from the field more footsore than usual with a slightly harder crest and not quite right under saddle. So I think the sugar in spring grass is already affecting her despite being muzzled during the day Have upped my management now having her in during the day the next few days and out with muzzle on overnight. Pretty sure I picked it up in time as she was a lot better today having been in and crest had softened back down again - phew!! Just shows though how much easier it is to prevent lami in a barefoot horse - if she had shoes on I wouldn't have noticed she was more footy than usual so wouldn't have known the grass was starting to affect her.

She's on L94 to give her a liver detox, TPGS-M which stops cellular decay and promotes cellular growth and apparently enables metabolism to be more efficient and more resistant to stress, inflammation, cellulitis etc. Then in 5 days I start her on H29 which helps with cellular balance and is supposed to be good for horses who are sensitive to touch and on/off lethargic.

Really hoping this is going to help her out, she's had a rough winter with her nasty abscess which turned into cellulitis, then a mild gassy colic episode and a virus, so think a good detox can only do her good!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg

Yes and it didn't make any difference as it turned out the horse had something else wrong that required a vet.
    I have just done an equine nutrition course and everything is so variable that even with supplements, you do not know the uptake of it.
    I solved my mares issues with a simple off the shelf supplement plus management changes.
    She nearly died with encysted red worm damage two years ago, you name it we tried it, but I didn't need Trinity, I have to say their prices are extortionate.

I was also like you though that I had a pony with really good feet that the barefoot trimmer said had no pathological reason to be foot sore. But they were unless I booted. Some horses just don't go bare, good structure or not. I found worming made him more sore. He tested positive for various allergies.

I've never used them but have heard good things.

Well, just over a week in and we're getting some great results!!!

She's gone from trying to bite me when I touch the underside of her neck, to letting me cuddle her there, and from trying to bite other people when they go near her, to tolerating people she doesn't know, and letting people she does know stroke and give her cuddles. She's also letting me stroke and brush her tummy - which I couldn't do before without her getting quite upset - in fact the whole winter her tummy stayed muddy other than the bit where the girth went.

She's also walking out much happier on hacks - before she'd be reluctant setting off and behind my leg, now she's more forward from the off. She has started to engage her back more, and we had a lovely collected bouncy canter the other day on a hack - lifting her back so much in fact that she nearly bounced me out of the saddle . My friend also commented the other day when I was jumping her that she seems to be freer in her movement

So I'm very happy - I was unsure for ages about following my podiatrists advice and trying these supplements as they're soo expensive, but I'm now really glad I did. Am hoping that after the 25 days I can maybe get her onto a general supplement like equinourish, or possibly reduce to a low dose of H29 so it won't continue to be expensive.

I kind of thought that maybe grumpiness was just part of her being a mare and part of her personality, but clearly she hasn't been quite comfortable, and possibly for a while as the real grumpiness started winter 2012.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg