Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (spoilers, probably!)

Default Game of Thrones (spoilers, probably!)

Is anyone else enjoying the new series?
    I don't even have words for how awesome it is, every episode pretty much blows my mind
    Absolutely love the new series so far, especially Arya and the Hound, the "new" Jaime, and Oberyn Martell. Even if I haven't quite recovered from last series yet

Oberyn is awesome. When I saw who they cast I was like what?! This is supposed to be the Red Viper of Dorne, not some weedy bloke but he is perrrrfect. Love the exchange with Cersei in EP2!

I really dislike how they haven't even attempted to explain why the hell Daario is so different looking (and still so wrong from the book...the man is meant to have bright blue curls for goodness sake!). I get that the actor changed but if I didn't know that I would be so confused!

We spent all year waiting for it with bated breath and now that it's here I'm hating waiting a week between episodes! I've not yet managed to convince Mr Sez to read the books so because he's worried about missing things, we tend to have a book vs series break down at the end of each episode.
    The Red Wedding absolutely did me in. It was tough the first time I read it (and I'll admit that I've skipped over it in subsequent readings ) and my anguished sobs got my book confiscated for three hours until I'd regained the ability to explain why I was such a mess! The only shame of it is that my brain quite happily copes with vast landscapes and maps and hundreds of random characters, so no one I know that watches the series will talk to me about it because I can't believe they struggle to tell certain characters apart. I'm the only person I know who had to have a quiet half an hour after Ser Rodrik lost his head - everyone else just shrugged and went "eh, bit player - we couldn't remember his name, anyway."

I get a bit caught up in fiction
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    Oberyn is awesome. When I saw who they cast I was like what?! This is supposed to be the Red Viper of Dorne, not some weedy bloke but he is perrrrfect. Love the exchange with Cersei in EP2!
    ME TO!!! I'm loving every single scene he's in, even when he doesn't say anything but just smolders away quietly . The Red Viper is one of my favourite minor characters from the books and it looks like he will be just as good in the show!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    The Red Wedding absolutely did me in. It was tough the first time I read it (and I'll admit that I've skipped over it in subsequent readings ) and my anguished sobs got my book confiscated for three hours until I'd regained the ability to explain why I was such a mess! The only shame of it is that my brain quite happily copes with vast landscapes and maps and hundreds of random characters, so no one I know that watches the series will talk to me about it because I can't believe they struggle to tell certain characters apart. I'm the only person I know who had to have a quiet half an hour after Ser Rodrik lost his head - everyone else just shrugged and went "eh, bit player - we couldn't remember his name, anyway."

I get a bit caught up in fiction
    Don't worry, I'm exactly the same! I was bereft when Jory Cassel died!

I was camping with my family when I read the Red Wedding scene and I actually had to lock the book in the car for a few days because I felt sick if I even looked at it! I kind of wish I could have watched that episode of the series without knowing what happens, I was pretty traumatized as it was!

This season has been absolutely amazing! I usually wait until its on tv to watch but today I cracked and watched it online this morning. I'm a huge GOT fan, read all the books and I think the writers have done a wonderful job bringing it to life. Agree re Oberyn, they cast him very well, he has just the right air of menace required. I thought the opening scene with Tywin and the sword was brilliant, so very symbolic especially with the Rains of Castamere playing in the background. As for the Red Wedding.....I remember reading that and having to stop, shut the book and try to take in what I had just read. I have never read anything like that before... I felt physically shaky and sick. Episode 2 was really outstanding, so many good character exchanges and the actual event itself was very close to the book... can't wait to see how it plays out for the next 8 weeks- the week wait is painful!
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

I need to catch up!! I read the books a few years ago before I knew they were making a telly series, and I think it came out when I was partway through the last book? And I just got really annoyed that no one was how I pictured them in my head etc., so refused to watch any more But I've got to the point now where I think I've forgotten half of what happens, so I've started series 1 again, and am sort of hooked... I was much more obsessed with the books, but enjoying the series so far... Sort of want it to get going a bit though! But everything I've heard about the new series sounds so good

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

I'm purposely reading the books really slowly so I am ahead on the TV show and not the books because the books would just anger me with the characters not looking how I imagined (Happens all the time with films if I read the book first I end up hating the film ) So everything is a surprise and shock when it happens!

I love the season so far though! It's killing me waiting a week between episodes and after todays episode I can see me reading the books a bit faster and getting ahead

When King Joffery was killed this was me... ...............

I've never been so happy to see someone die!

Love it

Vid and show

Must read the books!

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.