Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game of Thrones (spoilers, probably!)

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    Ok. This week's episode, MUCH better than last week (which was frankly a bit tedious!) but still not a patch on episode 8.

LOTS of deaths though and drama moments

Perplexed at the exclusion of Lady Stoneheart and Coldhands though?!
    That was pretty much my reaction! I'm looking forward to the action at the Wall next season, there are some really great characters there now and it should get pretty exciting! I adore the Stephen Dillane/ Liam Cunningham pairing as Stannis and Davos, so hopefully we should get to see a lot more of them from now on . The scenes at the Wall were some of my favourites in A Dance with Dragons, so fingers crossed they do them justice on the show!!

I wasn't sure about the changes to the Hound/ Arya's storyline. I always thought it was so well done in the books and they certainly executed the tavern scene so well on the show, surely it would have been best just to have him seriously injured and Arya leave him after that, as in the books? Their scenes since have been fun, but a little repetitive I thought. I imagine that they wanted to keep the Sandor/ Arya pairing going for as long as possible though, because there's no doubting that it's been highly entertaining!

The only bit I really didn't like were the scenes with Bran. I always hate Bran's scenes . He's such a pointless character, does anyone even care about him and his stupid three eyed raven anymore?? I'd be quite happy if he just disappeared and was never seen again, like so many other characters (the Brotherhood without Banners, Gendry, Rickon etc).

As for Lady Stoneheart and Coldhands...I wonder whether they are going to miss both out altogether. I can't say I'm not pleased about Lady Stoneheart, as I was never quite sure of that as an idea in the books. Although then again, surely she is needed for the Brienne/ Jaime storyline later on? It's hard to see how it would work but I'm sure they can pull it off!

I read an interview with Michelle Fairley not so long back that hinted that Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood Without Banners would make an appearance (the BWB have had such a teeny part in the series so far but with Gendry's storyline veering off on a tangent, maybe that's all they're getting...), so I've got my fingers crossed for next season. I've no idea if it's something she had discussed with Bennioff and Weiss or if she'd just made the assumption based on the book storylines but I'm going to keep hoping. I was disappointed that Coldhands hasn't been included, though. I was desperate to see what they'd do with the character.

There was an interview with Pedro Pascal on the HBO site after The Mountain and the Viper aired in which he talked about learning to work with the spear and that he bought a curtain rod from Home Depot to practice in his living room with

Loved the finale I was in a real tizzy last week, as there were so many threads that HAD to be in the finale and I didn't think they'd manage to fit them all or do them justice, but they not only hit every single thing I wanted included but did an absolutely amazing job of it.

Minor whinge this week - why do people insist on being so blooming rude? My brother and I have been having GOT Facebook excitement these last two weeks (not over the top persistent posting, but just the odd status and message to each other) and various people have felt the need to butt in to say things like "Oh, is it finishing? Thank god for that, it's ***** awful!" There's a lot of popular media that I dislike - these talentless shows (more so the ones that make entertainment out of people being terrible) and Big Brother and the like, but I just skip over Facebook stuff that I'm not interested in. Each to their own. But for the little TV that I bother with, and for the shows I watch that are based on novels, GOT has been hands down the best I've come across in a long time. It's well written, brilliantly cast and aesthetically incredible - and manages to be pretty faithful to its source material. I think I may be dropping a few folk from my friends list if they can't be polite... or else I may have to slate their shows when the new seasons come around!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

******Season Finale spoilers******

Oh it was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

I had a sour taste in my mouth after episode 9, it was all action and very little substance, focusing too much time on inconsequential characters like Thorne, and I felt like they had too much important stuff to cover before the season close. I didn't think it was possible for the last episode to be sewn up so well.

But the pulled it off AMAZINGLY.

It may as well have been a feature length movie in its own right! Epic.

It was so brilliant, even the little problems didn't bug me, though I did have to rewind a few bits to watch again ... its as if they had so many different scenes to shoot that some of the scenes were shot in haste and the actors didn't quite get the lines right, and they didn't bother to do enough retakes.

What did Brienne say after Ayra said 'good morning'?

They cut out a lot of twaddle from the Bran storyline, and vamped it up a good bit. I'm not one of these who gets bored with the slower storylines, I just read them with more meaning... but they did a super job reworking it.

AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    What did Brienne say after Ayra said 'good morning'?
    "I like the sword. Are we getting close to the B***** Gate?"

Edit - It suddenly dawned on me a couple of weeks back why the name of the gate is amusing. I am so used to seeing it in print as a name that I didn't realise until hearing it said outloud on the show that half the characters just sound really irritated about having traveled so far!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Oh god well I finally got round to watching the finale and I am an emotional wreck, even though I knew what was coming! It didn't even bother me that they cut out the whole Tysha/Tyrion thing, as I think it was all done so well. Loved that Arya and Brienne met! (Although I can't remember how Arya and the Hound get separated in the books if Brienne didn't kill him?) Ahh I really want to go and read all the books again now, it's annoying me I can't remember everything! And I don't like having to wait for the next series

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

Quote Originally Posted by toraf View Post
    Oh god well I finally got round to watching the finale and I am an emotional wreck, even though I knew what was coming! It didn't even bother me that they cut out the whole Tysha/Tyrion thing, as I think it was all done so well. Loved that Arya and Brienne met! (Although I can't remember how Arya and the Hound get separated in the books if Brienne didn't kill him?) Ahh I really want to go and read all the books again now, it's annoying me I can't remember everything! And I don't like having to wait for the next series
    WARNING BOOK SPOILERS!!!!
    Do you remember the scene this series where Arya and The Hound go into an inn and meet Polliver and the Tickler, some of the men who had been Arya's captors when she was taken to Harrenhal? Well in the book, The Hound is injured quite seriously during this fight and after a day or so traveling he collapses and is unable to continue. He begs Arya for the gift of "mercy" but she leaves him to die instead.

Part of the reason I felt this didn't work as well the way it was done in the finale is that they've spent so much time building up the relationship between Arya and The Hound that it seemed strange that she would leave him there to die, without killing him. In the books it makes more sense because they aren't together for as long and they don't talk as much either, so they never really build up that sense of camaraderie.

I get waaaay too into this