Thread: 3.5T horsebox builders in south east - recomendations

Default 3.5T horsebox builders in south east - recomendations

can anyone recommend (or advise to steer clear off) companies in south east who make 3.5t horseboxes. Dont want to "pay for name" but also dont want pay for a lot of the "im can build a horsebox.com people" that havent got a clue.

Also want a decent payload without scrimping on materials.

thanks in advance.

My friend's one comes from Newbury and she has been very pleased with it and it was a reasonable price, I will see if I can find a link.

edit - here you go http://www.equestrivan.com/2-horse-h.../the-coachman/
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

my friend got hers through three counties. They were fab. You choose the level of finish you want inside and that's all they'll do - she had the horse area finished and the back bit (rear facing renault master) left bare, and they've gradually done it up themselves to suit their needs. She didn't pay over the odds for it either, and it's on a 51 plate.

http://www.3countieshorseboxes.co.uk/ - hers was a part conversion I think, but definitely does the job

Default 3.5T horsebox builders in south east - recomendations

My old one was a 3counties box. Teddypony on here has that one now i bought it as a part conversion.

I looked at Equestrivan in Newbury and i don't like the ramp door - appears stuck on with no thought and the finish wasn't as good as i hoped and neither was the emergency exit.

My new one is being built at the moment by Equisport. I've viewed so many that it's the only one i like by a clear mile! The quality is top notch nowadays. The emergency exit is super easy to use too. It's being built on a 2008 chassis but they can source older cheaper ones
    They are based South Yorks but as far as I'm concerned, location was the least of my worries when spending so much money. The quality was my main concern

I think i pick mine up on 24th! I have a show 25th & 26th so i hope its ready
    Native pony addict!

foxy horse boxes and boss have a good reputation. I have seen a foxy in person and it is what I would go for, with full length partition.

A friend of mine builds boxes, he is near Aylesbury, can PM you his details if you are interested. All his work is to a very high standard, he did our partitions and ramp for us on our current box.