Thread: showing questions....?

Default showing questions....?

So it's coming up to cheshire county and my puk novice m&m..... Starting to think what have I let myself in for.
    Showing experts please talk me through start to finish what the class will run like, I might know some stuff but do it completely basic as if you're explaining it to non show person. I would watch the class before but mine is first.
    So I'm thinking go around walk trot canter.... Change the rein trot then canter. Will they say canter on etc? Or do I need to look out for hat movements. I will aim to follow someone and do what they do.
    I then get a bit lost with strip off and individual show process.
    I'm not going to win, it is for experience but don't want to make a total fool out of myself.

Just realised I put this in the wrong bit. That's what happens when you are on your phone. Sorry mods feel free to move.

You'll do the go round as normal, pick up the second canter off the diagonal rein change normally. They will shout quite loud the pace changes so don't worry about that.

It's judges discretion whether you line up any order or pulled into places. If its any order everyone will dive in to the middle so just be aware.

Show as normal.

Back to line up, jump off and your groom will be waiting ( they can make their way in whilst you're doing your show) you'll probably have enough time to breath and groom off well.

Inhand bit is as normal - try and stay really straight and trot straight at the judge.

Tack back up and hop on - done!

You'll be fine, it won't be a massive class I'm sure

I'm excited to meet you!!
    Native pony addict!

Ye it'll be fun...... I hope. It is truly a practise run. Hopefully I won't be near the end of the line up he falls asleep and I struggle to wake him back up.
    Best get practising running in my boots, normally wear black trainers for inhand (they are leather)
    Glad they shout pace changes that was the thing I was like what if there is a head nod and I don't see it
    I'll be hyped up on red bull it being an early start. What time is your class? Be good to meet ya.

I've got a showing clinic with penny hollings the week before as well so looking forward to that.

Ummm about 11:30 ish if i recall...

You'll be fine - just pay attention and you wont miss a thing
    Native pony addict!

Yes You need to pay attention on your work and you'll be fine.

Think you're a teeny bit late to assist with this particular show harris89, considering it was May last year it took place...

Just a way of getting posts up to then spam the site

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk