Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bascote Luna - the journey

After a bit of a false start weve had a fab few days
    Lunas leading has been better in the rope halter again and i thought we'd leave leading in the field for a bit and do it on the yard, she walked so well up to the gate that i decided to walk her out the yard up to the duck pond, and she was great we did that on wednesday and thursday and no rearing

So the plan is to take her out on sunday for a walk around the showground if she loads ?! Only took a few minutes when i collected her but im always a bit of a worrier when it comes to loading. So i collected the trailer tonight so we can practice for a couple of days first.

Tonight my little darling surpassed herself. I led her in with Moo for the first time, she led lovely and stood calmly while i fed moo in the stable, then i walked her round to the trailer and straight up the ramp, she walked on without a single hesitation and i was shocked she stood on there for ten mins while she ate her dinner then came off quietly

I tied her back up by Moos stable and got thr rasp out. Her feet have become chipped and although the farrier is out next week, its all good practice as she can be a bit funny with holding ber fronts up for too long. But she let me rasp out the bracked up bits and relished her polo treat .

So a short but sweet day today and im really pleased

Fab progress!!!
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

She is very eye catching! Really look forward to seeing her progression, going to turn some heads

Well today was the day of the show.
    I arrived to find this and I couldn't get her up LOL

She loaded straight in the trailer and took 5-10 mins to get her feet as it was her first time tied up in the trailer like a big girl. She unloaded at the show and we spent an hour walking round and brushing her.

I decided to enter one class, the youngstock. Only two of us in it and she behaved impeccably she walked out well, stood patiently in line and trotted out beautifully for the judge.
    We came second as she 'looks less mature than the other' who was 3 LOL. But her manners were much better and my smile said it all, I was so proud of her.

Walking her back to the trailer and she was a bit animated leaving the other horses but I kept quiet with her and carried on walking. Stood munching ay the trailer for ten.minutes then loaded back on and we got home, she travelled much better on the way home.

So a day of first for luna u can't wait for the future

Ater a few days off totally, in the field, Luna came in today for the farrier. She put in a couple of rears with her fronts but was perfect for her hinds and they look much better. Then i took her for walk to the pond (about 100m up the road) and although she was nervy she listened to me and had a little trot up in hand.

Afterwards while she was out the stable i took her to the trailer for loading practice and she went on lovely for her dinner. Really pleaaed

Then i left her in the stable while i lunged Moo. She was not far away and could see me and Moo. She jumped at the door once then realised it was too high and settled down to watch i was a bit wary about leaving her in but im glad i did now. So all in all a good day

Scary news.......... Ive entered Ashby Show mext weekend eeeeeeek. Am i mad ?!?!?

I've had Luna for 4 weeks today!!!

Luna has had a nice rest after the show, hasn't really cone out the field but yesterday wouldn't leave me alone while I was doing my jobs so decided to bring her in for a groom and attempt the field walk again, which she did on a lovely loose rope

Then today I ventured out with her into the village for a walk. We met ducks, a noisy motorbike and two dogs going mad at a gate and she coped really really well. A bit animated but I am happy with the occasional jog, it's the rears I don't like and I am pleased to report that we had none of those Yay

Last night Luna stood and watched moo be lunged then stood waiting to come in LOL

I'm trying not to do too much with her but she thrives on human interaction bless her. So in she came for a brush over and I tried on her travel boots ready for our longer journey this weekend, she was fine

I really like this girly! Every time I see pics of her I think what a sweet face she has - so dainty and ponyish. Glad you're getting on well with her

She is very dainty isnt she LOL

Today i took her to Ashby agricultural show, it really was a big ask and i felt ill all morning. Was a really early start as my first class was at 8:30. My aim was to have her behave mostly at the show, and to load and travel both ways without bother.

She loaded like a dream and took a good twenty minutes to settle into the journey (neighing and pawing) but once she settled she travelled quietly. Because shes a bit tense on there i stand with a treat while someone closes up the ramp, never brave enough to do it all myself with her yet.

Once at the show she was better once i started leading her round, just a bit unsettled. So we got ready and made our way through the packed lorry park where she met dogs, kids, pushchairs and lots of other spooky things. Then we met a friend/fellow competitor and stood for a chat. Then it was time to go in.

First class was a CHAPS qualifier youngstock class. We got into the ring and the heavens opened however, She walked beautifully, trotted out nicely on command and stood in line nicely. After her trot up and walking to the back of the line i felt her get very tense and she reared up. She was told 'no' and walked on nicely, luckily the judge wasn't looking our way LOL. She fidgeted a bit for the judge when it was out individual trot up and i apologised but he said not to worry, its all good experience. We were pulled in 5th and i was over the moon, most of the others were 2/3 and only one other yearling. Judge shook my hand and said she is going to grow into something special

Then we waited around for an hour for our next class. We decided to stand by the rings and she saw everything in that hour!! Galloping horses in the ring next to her, golf buggies coming past, idiots on hunters trotting right behind us, horses misbehaving in the ring next door, pushchairs, screaming kids and hundreds of other horses. She didnt put a foot wrong she walked a bit fast when we first went in but she stood up lovely for the judge this time and it was a big class! We were pulled in 5th again and i was so proud of her, what a star she was for me.

Walked back to the trailer and after a change and some hay she loaded back on the trailer lovely. I cross tied her and jumped out the jodkey door, walked round and put the ramp up on my own see i CAN do it, im such a wimp at times.

So a great day, i got soaked, luna got soaked and dirty but i feel smiley now