Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equifest

I do think that they should invest in CCTV around the stable areas. We literally left nothing outside of our stables if we weren't there and I saw a few people even padlocking their horses stable doors; if it's got to that point of people feeling so unsafe, the venue need to up their security.

After the state of that poor horse getting it's mane chopped I would have been wanting to papck a top door onto the stable which for fire safety is just a big no but to have to go to that length to keep your horse safe from other supposed horse lovers is just a disgraceful set of affairs and the show should be ashamed and take measures.

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

After the last couple if years I shall not be attending equifest for a. Overnighter. Last year was horrid too :-(
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Did anyone watch the traditional coloured class? Samantha came 4th out of 11 in her class Brogan was awesome, poor horse did not deserve that at all, if whoever done it had rife with Samantha, they should have just spoken to her and not taken it out on Brogan.

I, however, had an amazing week at equifest. Belle behaved and we got placed in every class

We got back this morning at 11, I have to say we had a fantastic time, no problems what so ever. The enquiries desk, forage men, stewards and Judges were nothing but helpfull. We came home with lots of rosettes

I would like to go but unfortunately the bad has totally outweighed the good I've seen.
    Just seen a post on Facebook where someone has had a blowout on the motorway due to someone tampering with their lorry wheel. Scary stuff.
    Just seems to get worse every year.

I saw that Hazel!!

I haven't heard any horror stories from NPS or P(UK) so I wonder why Equifest has encouraged scum?!

Noone will want to go next year without CCTV in the stabling atleast.... I'm sure most would suck up the extra cost on stabling fees too for peace of mind....
    Native pony addict!

I think though it's a lot easier to qualify for equifest. I've qualified about three or four times over. All local shows are qualifiers now, guess that means scum go as well. Such a shame because from the good posts it looks lovely and I've been to the ground for a landrover show its nice.
    I would only go now if they upped security or cameras up like you say.

We were totally unaware of any problems whilst we were at Equifest, we left whole showing grooming kits outside our stables all day, rugs hanging up etc, just put it in the lorry at night and NOTHING went missing. We are certainly going again next year we had a fantastic time. We had two tents and apart from me falling over them there was no damage, Smallhunter left her purse in it one day. The horses were chilled and relaxed the whole time. I locked myself out of the lorry at one point and had to ask for a call to be put out The forage guys from Olivers Feeds were brilliant, even when I turned up 5mins late to order more hay They delivered it for me, I owe the man a drink Please dont let a few isolated incidences put you of going.

and just to add, wheel nuts do come lose, if the wheel had no nuts how the hell did they get 60miles before they had a problem? the only thing I got stressed about was being able to use hair straightners! after 4 days with a beagler on my head my hair was a mess !