Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covering rub marks?

Default Covering rub marks?

My (fat!) pony has the dreaded rub marks from his grazing muzzle.

He had some very minor ones under the chin but managed to create a wound over his noseband a month ago. It sits right in the middle of his face and has healed nicely however the hair still hasn't grown back. It looks like a shiney bald stripe now!

Can anyone think of anything I can use to cover this up in the ring or make hair grow back quicker?

Other question was can anyone reccomend anything nice to highlight face and create shine other than grooming which we already do loads of! Which coat shine is the best?

Supreme products by far. They probably do a white makeup too....

I use the sparkle shine spray on Alfie and the gel highlighter on his face

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406285150.730665.jpg
    Native pony addict!

You might have left it too late, have to get in there quite quickly, but Wonder Gel is brilliant for hair regrowth.

Wonder gel is very good, Matrix had a nasty rub on his face and it's as if it never happened now. Ditto sparkle spray, it's magical stuff! I like the Carr and day and Martin shine spray wipes as they are less messy than the highlighter gel which I found very gloopy, the gloss might be easier to use but I haven't tried that.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

The highlighter i use is fab! Much 'harder' in consistancy than say, vaseline
    Native pony addict!

Do you use the supreme products one? Because I found that it got really sticky and soft which made it a pain to use, a harder one would be much better!
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

I do, and its stayed solid in all this heat too!
    Native pony addict!

I have never found shine sprays to do much good but havent tried that one!

I just groom and then polish off with a sheepskin mit and always look shiney in the daylight but as shiney as pic above.

Wondergel is good for hair regrowth but as said could be too late now. I find putting Botannics cream immediately on any wounds help them heal quickly but also promotes hair regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by jam14 View Post
    I have never found shine sprays to do much good but havent tried that one!

I just groom and then polish off with a sheepskin mit and always look shiney in the daylight but as shiney as pic above.

Wondergel is good for hair regrowth but as said could be too late now. I find putting Botannics cream immediately on any wounds help them heal quickly but also promotes hair regrowth.
    I go to a lot of shows and the Sparkel Shine spray is 12 a bottle, i'm on my second can in 12 months.... Well worth it. I haven't used anything to rival it
    Native pony addict!

We use something called Pepi coat conditioner on the western show horses at work, it stinks horrid (like old ladies) but works fantastically!!