Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips on hiding scars and white hair?

Default Tips on hiding scars and white hair?

We are heading to our first show tomorrow and id like some tips on how to cover scars and white hair on a black horse. Odie was badly kicked last year and it has left him with a small raised scar on the outside of the hock, ive shaved the hair down short to try and make it less noticable but now i need to make it black again, he also has white hair on the hocks from the pressure bandage he had to have on.

Any other tips on making him shine and stand out in a crowd?

This is him:

Supreme Products do a spray which you can use to hide white marks. I have it in white for my boy but it comes in black and brown too.

Failing that, child's face make up?

Face paint! Cheapest easiest way to do it! Get some make up sponges and you might want a plastic lid so you can mix up colours if needed
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Supreme products cover magic spray in black is brilliant. I use it to cover the scar on Matrix's withers from a badly fitting saddle.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

Facepaint can be a bit greasy and thick but its cheapest!

Supreme products do great make up and the pots last forever. I should be a salesman haha
    Native pony addict!

Bog standard hair dye, i used the wash in wash out stuff some people use permanent or semi permanent if they have a lot of shows to go to.

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Supreme products do a spray cover up and a make up pot, both are fantastic!

Where are you going with Odie bug?

I am competing tomorrow and painting today lol.

I tried hair dye on Jeannie but couldnt get the right colour match although black be ok.

I use black shoe polish dabbed onto leg marks on both of mine and its cheap and easy.

Again supreme products are great!

I know people that dye also.... but I wouldn't recommend at this late stage for fear of a reaction or some such.

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.