Thread: The ginger ninja finally gets out to a show! pics

Default The ginger ninja finally gets out to a show! pics

Smallhunter has been so busy this season competing and grooming at County shows with L that B has taken a back seat. Some of you may remember that last November B fractured her near side eye socket in the stable and came close to losing her eye, I was devastated and really thought it would be the end of her showing career as she is left with a distinct squint and droopy eye. Despite the fact she is 17/18 she just looks amazing! So we decided to get her out.
    She was 3rd in a coloured class (ridden) and 1st in the Foreign breeds She was a little over excited in the Coloured class and Smallhunter struggled to keep her looking composed
    this was coming into the gallop!

We had a show planned for yesterday but B had a loose back shoe , turned out to be a wobbly clench so we removed it and decided to go and do in-hand. My farrier is due on Wednesday so her feet really didnt look good so I commited a cardinal sin and used black shiny hoof gloss on her feet to try and hide a multitude of problems, it worked she was 2nd in the Veteran class and 5th in a very big odd-coloured class and her shoe stayed on.

B`s next outing is Equifest
    Smallhunter is of to The Royal International with L on Wednesday. They won their first rosette together a few weeks ago in an open hunter class, they came 2nd.
    AND we have a new member joining the team, Becky will be helping Smallhunter and I at Equifest as we are taking L and B, she is a lovely young rider that we have met on the local circuit and she will be showing B for me
    Last edited by spot; 28-07-2014 at 08:15.

Glad B is still enjoying being out and about as much as ever and that Smallhunter and L are getting on so well together!

Yey go B!! How does her eye look now? X
    Native pony addict!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Yey go B!! How does her eye look now? X
    still squinty and droopy I think the nerve damage is permanant.