Thread: Tips for these classes?

Default Tips for these classes?

I'm taking Cleo to a show this Sunday, and for once she's looking fit and healthy and feels good so I'd like to really show her off, it's the last show we will be doing this year so I want to make it count!
    I'm doing ridden best turned out, in-hand open horse and ridden cob. She will be in her double bridle with plain browband and hunter noseband, brown saddle shaped pad, brown girth... I know my tack needs to be spotless for best turned out, she will be hogged and trimmed, I will iron my shirt, jods, polish my boots put them on at the last minute, clean my hat, wear a hair net and tie.... anything else?

Also any tips for the other classes? Open Horse will have a good number of people in, especially as it's an open show and compared to most horses she's only little (but too big or pony) so I'd like her to stand out in that too! haha

She's a clydie X for those that don't know:

(she looks a right tramp in these, she needs a good clean up haha)

needs her tail pulling too

my tattoos and piercings shall be covered too!

Get someone to run over with a baby wipe the soles of your boots once your on. Scrub the underside of her feet clean and oil there too. Baby wipe around the bit and corners of her mouth and inside her nostrils. Also under her dock etc too. A little baby oil around the muzzle, eyes, ears, hocks, knees and through her tail will add a little shine. And don't forget the quarter marks!

Good luck and have fun!

Make sure the straps on your numnah are all done up properly, all bridle ends in their keepers.

I'd go without a numnah for BTO if possible - looks tidier!

I done a check list for BTO when my mum judged it a few weeks ago. Included checking the skin on the crest and scurf in heels and on dock
    Native pony addict!

Thanks, Need to make a pre-class check list! I know it's only local but I'd like to make an effort Clipped her legs and mane today so looking much smarter!

Tidy tail??

Make sure your hair is tidy under hat/hairnet etc without whispy bits hanging out!