Thread: Favourite Bands ???

Default Favourite Bands ???

I know I did a thread like this one before but it's quite old so here we go ! When it comes to music I love love love bands ! But only Metal bands and some Glam Rock bands ! I am quite picky in my music taste because I will only listen to Metal or some Glam Rock like I said I absolutely hate pop, rap, club music etc.(sorry if I upset anyone there) But anyway, who are your top 5 favourite bands and why ???These are mine;

1. Nightwish (they have been my fave band since about 8 haha ! But I have sadly never got to see them live but hopefully I can see them one day!
    image.jpg
    Nightwish are my favourite because their lyrics are so meaningful, I love the voices, I love them because a lot of their music is quite cinematic which a love ! I love their heavier stuff too. I love Emppu Vuorinen's guitar solos and I suppose I can relate to a lot of their lyrics in a way.

2. Wintersun
    Attachment 16917
    I haven't really been listening to Wintersun for long but when I listened to their Time 1 album I just fell in love haha ! Again their music has quite a cinematic feel, the vocals are awesome and the drummer is totally awesome !

3. ReVamp
    Attachment 16918

I used to listen to After Forever (Floor Jansens old band) but when they broke up I was so upset but luckily she created another band and I actually prefer some of their stuff to After Forever. I just generally love Floor's voice, IMO she is one of the best female vocalists around because she can do literally everything with her voice and she's in Nightwish now which is even better anyway I just love the guitars and the lyrics in this band

4. Brother Firetribe
    Attachment 16919
    This is the Glam 80's Rock band that I absolutely adore ! Their guitarist is Emppu Vuorinen from Nightwish so that makes them even better because he's my favourite guitarist ever Some people have said their music is cheesy but I love it ! It's real feel good music and again, I adore the guitars and the singers voice.

5. Lordi
    image.jpg
    Lordi are just freaking awesome haha ! Even though I was only young when they were on the Eurovision I totally loved their song ! Hard Rock Hallelujah was probably the best thing that's ever happened on the Eurovision IMO. I just love them because I love Mr Lordi's voice and their songs are really awesome !!!!

So generally every band I love comes from Finland !! (Accept ReVamp from the Netherlands) Finland just seems to make such awesome music !!! So yeh who are your top 5 bands and why ??? You don't have to include pictures I just thought I would as I find many people I talk to have never heard of the bands I like I just find it interesting what other bands people like that maybe I've never heard of

I love Nightwish - my sister introduced me to them when I was a young teen (she flew to Helsinki with friends to see them live, I was rather envious ).

I find it really hard to sum up any favourites - either bands or singers - not because I'm a music buff (rather the opposite) but because I like almost anything and everything , my taste is so broad it's pretty much unidentifiable. My iPod can skip from A-Ha to Led Zeppelin to Elvis to Schubert to One Direction . I find there are very few genres I actively dislike (not really a rap or garage fan) - if I like the noise I listen regardless of how good or bad the musicians involved are argued to be .

For the past few months I've been in a golden oldie phase musically though and I seem to be playing nothing but Al Bowlly, whose name sadly isn't half as widely recognised as it deserves to be. I could (and often do) listen to him every day, his voice has wonderful sincerity and is a glimpse into the history of modern music .

Quote Originally Posted by katieandtoby View Post
    I love Nightwish - my sister introduced me to them when I was a young teen (she flew to Helsinki with friends to see them live, I was rather envious ).

I find it really hard to sum up any favourites - either bands or singers - not because I'm a music buff (rather the opposite) but because I like almost anything and everything , my taste is so broad it's pretty much unidentifiable. My iPod can skip from A-Ha to Led Zeppelin to Elvis to Schubert to One Direction . I find there are very few genres I actively dislike (not really a rap or garage fan) - if I like the noise I listen regardless of how good or bad the musicians involved are argued to be .

For the past few months I've been in a golden oldie phase musically though and I seem to be playing nothing but Al Bowlly, whose name sadly isn't half as widely recognised as it deserves to be. I could (and often do) listen to him every day, his voice has wonderful sincerity and is a glimpse into the history of modern music .
    Woo someone else that likes Nightwish haha wow I would be so jealous !!!

Quote Originally Posted by katieandtoby View Post
    I find it really hard to sum up any favourites - either bands or singers - not because I'm a music buff (rather the opposite) but because I like almost anything and everything .
    Same here! I've got all sorts on my iPhone. I guess my main genre is alternative/indie, with bands like Kings Of Leon, Fun., Foo Fighters, Cage the Elephant etc.

Qotsa
    Everything is going to plan. When we get a plan we will know what we are doing.

Green Day!